Risk Management Analyst
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The role of a Risk Management Analyst within the Market Risk and Margin Methodologies team of CME Clearing supports the development and maintenance of the risk management framework. Principal Responsibilities
• Conduct risk reviews of clearing member firms.
• Gain knowledge and expertise of existing risk management systems and tools, including SPAN.
• Monitor markets on an ongoing basis and take appropriate actions to manage risk.
• Provide high-level summaries of market activity to senior management.
• Work on ad-hoc data analysis projects.
• Work with experts and risk specialists to design, develop and implement new market risk measurement strategies. Qualifications
• An understanding of futures and options is a prerequisite.
• Experience working at a CCP or FCM is a plus.
• Must possess demonstrated quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must have the ability to work flexibly in a team environment.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel, is necessary.
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and be able to articulate complex concepts to a variety of stakeholders.
• 1 - 6 years' experience involved in a risk management, middle office, or related area in the Commodities, Equity, FX, or Interest Rates space. Education
• BA or BS in a quantitative field, graduate degree is a plus.