Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Senior Analyst, Margin Risk Job Locations US-IL-Chicago Posted Date 4 weeks ago(12/17/2020 1:50 AM)
Requisition ID 2020-15788
Professional Area Risk Management
Who We Are
More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
About the Role
E*TRADE Financial is seeking to hire a Risk Analyst with a primary role of executing and managing Margin Risk Oversight for Margin Lending, including researching and resolving complex account issues related to Balances and Buying Power (BBP), Margin Inquiries, and any other trading related activities across equities and options. The desired candidate must be experienced in solving complex problems and conveying findings and recommendations for process improvements to a diverse audience.
The candidate must be self-motivated and willingly accept new responsibilities as the group and the organization grows. Systems experience is a plus, but is not explicitly required.
- Initiate, review, and manage exceptions to the firm’s current margin policy
- Perform daily margin processes: managing margin calls, exception reports, option expiration reports and monitoring accounts for accuracy and sufficient collateral.
- Review asset transfers (funds and securities)
- Strong understanding of Margin requirements and risk management
- Take action on at-risk accounts for reasons relating to firm policy, market conditions, or individual account behavior
- Monitoring and oversight of client margin accounts for trading and concentration risk
- Collect research and analyze client account information including high value equities, and complex options to determine margin call and risk.
- Execute on various risk based stress models at the client account level and market risk factors
- Support customer service in identifying, managing, and resolving client margin account issues; supplement customer interaction with specific recommendations and explanation
- Coordinate sell out decisions with the Margin Operations team that provide the least financial loss to the client in high pressure and fast moving market conditions
- Escalate risk related issues to manager
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives aimed at strengthening trade risk management, formulating policy in response to changes in the market and the market place, and improve systems used to manage risk and execute client orders
- Provide regular reporting to direct management
- Contribute positively to the client experience by developing and sharing new trade and risk management ideas to the broader organization
- 3+ years of work experience in the broker-dealer space, preferably in Equity & Options markets
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance or equivalent years' business experience
- Series 7 and 63 required
- Strong understanding of margin balances and buying power
- Providing constructive feedback
- Willingness and desire to learn new skills related to all aspects of brokerage operations in order to advance within the firm
- Working regulatory knowledge of FINRA 4210, Federal Regulations T
- Ability to clearly articulate complex ideas to any audience within the organization
- Solid understanding of trading strategies, and the financial market landscape
- Detail-oriented and have a proactive approach to identifying risk
- Willingness to accept occasional travel, as needed
- Flexible work hours are essential including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Pays close attention to detail
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial Holdings, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Software Powered by iCIMS