Risk Analyst Chicago, IL/en-US/External_Career_CBOE/job/Chicago-IL/Risk-Analyst_R-0942-1/apply Job Description
The Risk Analyst position requires an individual who has a risk, audit, compliance, information security, and/or IT related background. The Risk Analyst position will be tasked with a range of responsibilities to include interaction with several departments throughout Cboe to coordinate risk and project related activities in order to assist in the implementation of Cboes Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Understand and enhance Cboes Enterprise Risk Management Framework, including policies, procedures, and tools used to identify, assess, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor company-wide risks.
- Advise management in the identification, assessment, measurement, and monitoring of enterprise risks. Counsel management on risk appetite and risk mitigation alternatives, and lead the evaluation of mitigation strategies.
- Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships with Senior Management, Legal, Compliance, Technology, Information Security and Internal Audit, partnering together to ensure the optimal execution of Cboes three lines of defense.
- Continuously maintain and monitor Cboes enterprise risk and control portfolio, keeping the Chief Risk Officer informed of issues and changes. Monitor progress on corrective actions and controls.
- Apply industry-standard enterprise risk management methods to quantify, evaluate, and report risk in an actionable manner.
- Oversee risk analyses and assessments.
- Assess risk events or circumstances in terms of likelihood and magnitude of impact.
- Assist with remediation and tracking of risk related audit findings.
- Perform applicable risk analysis activities related to corporate acquisitions and current/new 3rd party vendors.
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise risk principles and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable industry regulations.
- Highly motivated, organized, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Aptitude to foster motivation within teams to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to liaise between Risk and the organization to ensure collaboration and coordination.
- Ability to work in independent environments under aggressive timelines with varying degrees of complexity.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to be flexible regarding job roles and responsibilities.
Desired Skills, Experience, and Education
- Bachelor's degree required, [advanced degree including MBA or JD preferred].
- Knowledge of enterprise risk management concepts including three lines of defense model, risk analysis (including likelihood and impact), risk appetite and risk governance.
- Knowledge and experience with a range of security/risk management governance, guidance, compliance documentation such as NIST, PCI-DSS, ISO, SOC-2, COSO.
- Proficient level of technical knowledge (knowledge of financial/exchange systems a plus).
The Cboe Experience
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a senior-level professional, working at Cboe will offer you countless opportunities to develop skills, make an impact through meaningful contributions, and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build enduring relationships through frequent collaboration that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. And, along your exceptional career journey at Cboe youll receive amazing benefits and robust rewards.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Cboe Global Markets is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Posted YesterdayFull timeR-0942
Cboe is always looking for intelligent, innovative and hard-working individuals. Our success is based on our talented team of industry and technology professionals, which we believe is the strongest in the industry, and we pride ourselves on hiring the best and brightest.