- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Northstar Financial
- 09 Nov 17 2017-11-09
PURPOSE: The Risk Analyst is responsible for supporting the risk management program and monitoring infrastructure (intranet) and process in the Managed Account Platform (MAP), as well as assisting in developing a risk reporting framework for up to intraday delivery of relevant performance and risk-related information for Gemini Alternative Funds, LLC (“GAF”), a wholly owned subsidiary of NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC (“NorthStar”).
• Takes initiative in developing a 24 hour / every trading day risk monitoring process for MAP
• Researches and recommends, in conjunction with a 3rd party front-end technology provider, to determine appropriate risk reporting framework necessary for up to intraday reporting on both performance and risk attributes of client investments
FUND MANAGER ON-BOARDING
• Provides assistance with the on-boarding process as new trading managers are considered for or added to platform
• Sources, analyzing, and evaluating prospective hedge fund managers for our funds
• Takes initiative in developing risk management and monitoring process for the MAP
• Assists with due diligence process to thoroughly understand process and ensure it is well aligned with MAP’s preferred methods of ongoing risk management and monitoring
May perform other duties as required and assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
• Daily interaction with Chicago team regarding infrastructure development and process/compliance analysis
• May interact with vendors regarding due diligence process and reporting technology assessment
• Knowledge and solid understanding of various investment strategies generally including: event-driven investing, equity market neutral, statistical arbitrage, convertible bond arbitrage, volatility arbitrage, merger arbitrage, distressed investing, capital structure arbitrage, credit opportunities, and special situations investing, commodity trading advisors
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
• Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Effective written, listening and verbal communication skills
• Effective problem solving and organizational skills
• Skills with VBA, SQL and statistical packages such as MatLab
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or related field required; concentration in financial analysis and/or quantitative/statistical course work preferred
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in financial mathematics (quantitative/risk analysis) or risk management and monitoring position as it pertains to hedge fund strategies required
• Experience with analytical and report development such as building risk and exposure models, optimization and portfolio construction tools, product specific risk measures such as DV01, delta and gamma exposure, and VAR, sensitivity analysis, shock analysis and stress tests
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job duties and responsibilities.
Normally works in a general office environment with the use of computer, printer, telephone, copier, fax, and calculator. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.