- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Relationship Associate - Middle Market Midwest
Relationship Associate - Middle Market Midwest
- Primary Location: United States,Illinois,Chicago
- Education: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
- Job Function: Commercial and Business Sales
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18061508
We're looking for an US Commercial Bank Relationship Associate to join our world-class team
Citi® Commercial Bank (CCB) is part of Citi, a leading global financial services company, which has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in over 160 countries and jurisdictions.
CCB has operations in over 28 countries with local expertise contributed by in-country commercial bankers. CCB embodies our unique purpose as a global bank of choice for trade-oriented, mid-sized companies who see us as trusted thought partners that bring simplicity in an increasingly complex world, client-centric solutions for long term growth and pave the way for them to reach across borders and achieve their global vision. The US CCB targets clients with revenues between $10M - $3B and support a range of financial solutions: term and working capital financing, treasury solutions, foreign exchange and trade services. The Business provides specialty lending including Loan Syndications, Asset-Based Lending as well as Cash Management, Trade, Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate Derivatives products. The business has a dedicated FX desk that trades in over 100 currencies. CitiBusiness Online, Citibank's web-based banking platform, supports a full range of transaction and reporting capabilities in a secure environment.
Our Commercial Bankers are also responsible for efficiently deploying the firm's capital across the globe by evaluating clients' credit needs. Commercial Bankers work closely with partners in Independent Risk to conduct in-depth financial analysis in order to evaluate credit risk associated with extensions of capital. Commercial Bankers are also held accountable for maintaining an appropriate balance between Citi revenues and risk associated with extending capital.
The Relationship Associate rep is a critical role that provides support to our Commercial Banking Relationship Managers and enhances the client experience. The RA supports the needs of the Banker by managing the multiple touch points required to execute for CCB Clients. They are subject matter experts in navigating the internal workings of Citi's operations including client service teams, credit admins, internal business controls and product partners.
Be a part of the work we do to enable progress around the globe
For the past 200 years at Citi, we have a drive to help clients move from ambition to achievement. Our company has been one of the foundational components of today's modern financial infrastructure-this gives us a level of unmatched expertise in tackling the world's most complex challenges and connecting across capabilities to enable lasting progress for our clients.
We attract and nurture local talent from all over the world, ensuring our people are both deeply attuned to regional needs but also bring a global mindset to help clients, communities and nations move forward. Our culture is fueled by men and women with the passion to push beyond borders and boundaries, and the wisdom and courage to do what's right.
Citi's Commercial Bank embodies our unique purpose as the global bank of choice for trade-oriented, mid-sized companies who see us as trusted thought partners that bring simplicity in an increasingly complex world, client-centric solutions for long-term growth and pave the way for them to reach across borders and achieve their global vision.
On a daily basis, a Relationship Associate will be responsible for the following
• Timely completion of CADDS and other KYC requirements for parent names and subs, in partnership with product partners and RMs • The operational effectiveness of the client relationship across multiple products by helping clients to access Citi's global network, locating local coverage and product support across the globe
• Working with RMs and product partners to on-board new clients/new subsidiaries and KYC/initial credit set-ups completed
• Building trusted relationships with client network and operational teams, becoming a key contact for internal requests/problem escalation and resolution
• Coordinating credit requests and approvals from Citi's global network, negotiating and co-ordinating credit and parent support documentation, loan documentation and commitment bookings
• Engaging with product partners and Citi's global network to identify revenue opportunities and to position certain products (e.g. CCB & TTS products, FX, etc.) with clients
• Ensuring periodic support discussions are held with clients and are correctly documented
• Maintaining correct client legal and marketing hierarchies
• Partner with Credit Admin team to ensure credit documentation is kept current: FX, derivatives, Loans, LCs and other credit-related documents
• Partner with Credit Admin team to monitor usage of credit lines, and partnering with Independent Risk during client Annual Reviews
• Assist in implementation of cash transactions for Banker
A successful a Relationship Associate has these skills
• Demonstrates sound knowledge of CCB credit policies and applies them effectively; seeks guidance from more experienced credit officers as needed • Understands the credit approval process and moves requests up the credit chain; acts as the primary interface for coordination and execution of routine credit requests and approvals
• Monitors usage on credit lines on credit lines and recommends efficiencies as required; responds to credit availability queries, manages override requests
• Administers the CA; ensures lines of credit are correctly set up, commitments booked, etc
• Supports the negotiation of credit documentation requirements
• Effectively uses technical support systems (Salesforce, eCADD, etc)
• Viewed by bankers as point person for routine queries and problem escalation; identifies solutions to client issues
• Demonstrates sound knowledge of Citi's core product range
• Ensures assigned client portfolio is kept current with respect to due diligence and anti money laundering compliance (CADD) requirements
• Shares best practices, knowledge, innovation and problem-solving
• Contributes to re-engineering efforts
• Takes initiative but knows when to escalate ensuring bankers can focus on marketing efforts and revenue generation
• Identifies solutions to client needs and plays a key role in driving customer satisfaction
• Demonstrates a detailed understanding of clients' current banking relationship, their business and their operations
• Participates in annual review process for client portfolios
Associate's degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred • 5+ years' experience working in a sales process role
• Highly effective communication skills with ability to adapt communication style to effectively manage bankers, product partners and other Citi internal resources involved in client portfolios as well as clients
• Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities
• Problem recognition and resolution skills
• Demonstrates a professional attitude and flexible working style; consistently seen as the go-to person