Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Relationship Analysts (RAs) within the Global Consultant Relations team, based in Wellington's Chicago office, will partner with multiple Consultant Relations Managers (CRMs) across the team and have the skills necessary to assist with all aspects of a consultant relationship. Importantly, RAs serve as thought partners to managers and proxy for the CRM. A successful RA will work closely with managers to drive the agenda with each consulting firm and bring the resources of the organization to bear on behalf of the consultant with the goal of delivering a high level of service that will exceed the consultant's expectations and position Wellington Management as the partner of choice.
This is a dynamic team. The Global Consultant Relations team is charged with managing consultant relationships with a focus on cultivating new business and expanding existing relationships. Consultant relationships are critical to our firm as a significant share of our clients rely on the advice of these consultants for investment decisions. As such, the consultants represent a significant source of leverage for business growth, client service, and retention.
- Conduct analysis and respond to inquiries on a variety of topics, including market and investment focused inquiries.
- Develop a strong understanding of the depth and breadth of Wellington Management's product offerings
- Support CRM efforts in maintaining/new consultant ratings, updates on common strategies, and new business opportunities
- Prepare briefing materials, coordinate and lead prep meetings, submit and coordinate requests for materials, and review presentation materials for consultant meetings
- Prepare for and participate in consultant conference calls and meetings, focusing on content, key takeaways, and outcomes; handle meeting follow up
- Maintain internal systems with up-to-date information on consultant contacts, areas of priority, activities and opportunities
- With the CRMs, set strategy for retaining and growing our business with consultants
- Collaborate with Investment Product & Strategies and the Client Service Group to ensure consultants are provided with accurate and timely data for new and existing products. This includes responding promptly to all consultant inquiries for information, coordinating with other functional areas as needed
- Work with Relationship Managers, Business Development Managers, and Investment Product & Strategies teams, to ensure the effective coordination and communication of ongoing consultant relations initiatives
- As needed, coordinate product review conference calls with the research staff at consulting firms to ensure our product capabilities are positioned for inclusion in investment manager searches
- Coordinate webinars and special events for consultants; attend industry conferences (as agreed with CRM)
- Understanding of asset management and the consultant relations function
- Demonstrated passion for and understanding of global capital markets, investment styles and instruments
- Ability to think strategically and collaborate with CRMs to define a plan for retaining and growing consultant relationships
- Strong problem solving ability including creative thinking combined with a collaborative approach in seeking the broader audience
- Analytical capabilities to both retrieve data and understand the implications of that data
- Ability to work independently and proactively; to multi-task in a fast paced and team oriented environment under tight deadlines with high volume of competing demands; demonstrate grace under pressure
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and a willingness to "pitch in" when necessary
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to manage a high volume of activity under tight deadlines
- Sound business judgement coupled with strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong academic credentials and progress towards (or willingness to pursue) a relevant professional qualification, e.g., CFA or MBA
- 2-5 years of relevant experience within the Financial Services industry preferred
Relationship Analyst JOB FAMILY
Relationship Management LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .