Regulatory Advisor Chicago, IL/en-US/External_Career_CBOE/job/Chicago-IL/Regulatory-Advisor_R-0722/apply Job Description
About the Regulatory Team:
The Regulatory Advisory and Interpretation Department is responsible for various functions within the Regulatory Division, including but not limited to: coordinating communications with the SEC, CFTC and other government agencies; evaluating the impact of proposed rule filings and circulars on the regulatory programs; developing and maintaining Division policies and procedures; overseeing the Exchanges regulatory interpretations process, through which Exchange Members may seek interpretations from the Division related to Exchange rules; and organizing and directing the Divisions education and training program.
The Regulatory Advisor will report to the Director of the Regulatory Advisor and Interpretations Department (RAID). The incumbent will include supporting the Regulatory Interpretations process, development and writing of policies and procedures of the Regulatory Division for the Cboe-affiliated U.S. Exchanges (Cboe Options, C2 Options, BZX, BYX, EDGX, EDGA, CFE and Cboe SEF), coordinating the review of rule filings for regulatory program impact, drafting, and reviewing communications to members, and otherwise assisting the Director and Chief Regulatory Advisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Independently develop, or collaborate with internal and external subject matter experts to develop, documentation for the Regulatory Division. Review, draft and/or revise policies, procedures and a variety of other materials for the Division. Assist, along with others, in the review of policies and procedures of the Divisions service provider(s), including relevant surveillance, investigation and examination procedures.
- Support Director with coordinating review of rule filings for impact on regulatory programs and identifying related Division commitments, as well as maintaining documentation attendant to that process.
- Keep abreast, and keep others informed, of latest regulatory developments that may impact Division programs. Evaluate policies and procedures to identify gaps and make edits or enhancements. Coordinate with others to perform ongoing and regular updates to maintain documentation current with process. Identify and/or draft changes in response to various other initiatives, including product launches and systems enhancements. Document changes in a consistent manner and maintain related records.
- Draft circulars and educational materials related to rules and rule interpretations.
- Serve as a resource for the Divisions Regulatory Interpretations program. Prepare written analysis of questions presented and applicable rules and requirements.
- Serve as a resource for the Divisions Training program and develop related training materials.
- Prepare, or assist with the preparation of, responses to requests for regulatory information, such as those made by the SEC and CFTC.
- Execute projects independently and produce deliverables within established time-frames. Handle sensitive and complex issues with discretion and good judgment, and professionally interact with individuals across the organization.
- Build and maintain an understanding of the Exchanges regulatory environment, relevant rules and regulations, technologies and systems, processes and operational methodologies, and investigative and examination techniques.
- Provide advisor support for various other Division activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of securities industry, derivatives markets industry, and/or related rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of the following preferred: SEC, CFTC, Cboe-affiliated U.S. Exchange and/or other SRO rules and regulatory requirements, as well as nuances; exchange data structures and regulatory design, including some systems elements.
- Plan/prioritize work to meet objectives of multiple or competing priorities/projects;
- Work concurrently on complex activities and tasks to accomplish goals;
- Meet individual and/or team goals for a quality, on-time outcome;
- Allocate and utilize time efficiently to complete work on schedule;
- Shift focus quickly relative to changing priorities;
- Identify and communicate potential conflicts that may impact commitments;
- Be thorough and precise when accomplishing a task; double-check accuracy to consistently provide high-quality work;
- Learn new information and concepts quickly and independently; take initiative to seek knowledge needed for the job or assignment;
- Evaluate, analyze, and summarize data and facts;
- Convey complex ideas or concepts clearly in written form; evaluate and proofread/edit documents;
- Organize and express ideas clearly and understandably when speaking to individuals or groups;
- Interact in a professional manner with internal and external contacts;
- maintain confidentiality; appropriately handle and communicate information; and
- Develop relationships and obtain cooperation or support of multiple departments or interests.
- Juris Doctorate required from an accredited institution.
- Licensed to practice law in any state.
- 3+ years of experience working at a law firm or at a corporation with a specialty related to securities exchange and/or derivatives markets regulation and compliance, other regulatory matters or related fields of law.
- Experience writing policies, procedures and/or technical documentation; experience independently managing projects.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as document management and other office technologies.
- Coursework, training or certification in one or more of the following areas a plus: Series examinations (SIE, 3, 4, 7, 57, 14 and/or 24), project management, business analysis, writing, editing and/or technical communications.
- Experience with SharePoint a plus.
Cboe Global Markets is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeR-0722
Cboe is always looking for intelligent, innovative and hard-working individuals. Our success is based on our talented team of industry and technology professionals, which we believe is the strongest in the industry, and we pride ourselves on hiring the best and brightest.