Regional Data Services Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement data governance framework for US region, with a focus on improvement of data quality.
- Work on the prioritized key data elements and business processes to define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear ownership and accountability.
- Serve as a liaison between business areas and technology to ensure that prioritized data journeys business requirements are clearly defined, communicated, well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning. Also, work with the IT / architecture teams to come up with the solutions for the regional data quality issues.
- Facilitate the implementation of data quality standards and adoption requirements across the region.
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics for regional business processes and ensure compliance with data quality framework, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements.
- Help running the Regional Data Quality board, provide progress reports to board and updates to the Global Data Quality Board as well. Also, publish the periodic data quality blogs and arrange the knowledge bytes sessions in the region.
- Work with the local IT to provide solutions to prioritized issues as well as making sure that solutions are globally aligned where possible.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a major services organization, with large-scale data and project management experience
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality practices.
- Experience is performing business analysis on cross functional business processes involving multiple IT systems.
- Experience in Financial industry, preferably clearing domain.
- Strong knowledge in database / query, should be able to read / write complex SQL queries.
- Internally and externally recognized subject matter expert that influence the way things are done
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Management
- PMP Certification is preferred
- Results orientation, willingness to commit to a direction and drive operations to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to manage adversity and challenging situations.
- Strong SQL knowledge is must with data modelling experience.
- Knowledge of working with large datasets.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical mindset and strong organizational abilities
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Proficient with MS Office
- Prior experience in development / coding is preferred