Rating Analyst, U.S. Public Finance
Rating Analyst, U.S. Public Finance The Team:
You will join a professional team of analysts that maintains a strong culture of analytical excellence and customer service in a supportive and collegial environment. The Impact:
US Public Finance is an important sector of the capital markets and is a key funding source and growth driver for many areas of the economy. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the right position for you. This position will give a successful candidate the opportunity to contribute to a strong talent development culture that values integrated and high-impact analysis, service excellence, diversity, and empowerment. What's in it for you:
This position is an entry-level position, but with expectations for upward mobility. It offers the opportunity to work in a collegial culture with great potential for professional development and career growth. Advancement will be available to those who show a strong aptitude and embrace the municipal sector. While overall career development will depend on individual performance and company need, this is an opportunity for your skills and hard work to move you forward. Responsibilities:
This position is key to maintaining our market relevance and meeting our transaction requirements. Responsibilities include:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Conducting research and preparing documents and presentations for rating committees;
- Attending ratings committee meetings with senior analysts as assigned;
- Demonstrating strong knowledge of ratings criteria and financial statement analysis;
- Assisting in the collection and analysis of data on special projects;
- Managing and processing large data sets; and
- Working with analysts to publish periodic thought leadership articles.
• BS, BA in finance, accounting, economics, government/public policy, or similar field required
• One to two years of work experience
• A demonstrated interest in municipal enterprises and how they work
• Strong work ethic and ability to work well both independently and as part a team
• Strong ability to work with financial models and data, including cash flow and credit models.
• Strong communication skills and ability to interact confidently with clients
• Strong proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of programming languages and data analytics a plus
• Ability to learn in both formal training and on-the-job settings
• Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
• Ability to be highly organized, detail-oriented, and juggle multiple priorities at once
This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States. Compensation/Benefits Information
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $46,200, to $80,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits, we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . About Company Statement
: S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
268250 Posted On:
Centennial, Colorado, United States