Quantitative Analyst- Trading
Are you passionate about trading? Do you have a strong and proven background in the management and analysis of large date sets using statistical methods to detect patterns?
We are looking for someone to:
• Analyze the performance and provide oversight on the trading quality of our traders, trading strategies and brokers.
• Engage traders across our global trading organization to enhance and develop out trading strategies
• Collaborate with portfolio managers across our investment teams to better understand trade timing and profile the trading patterns of our portfolio managers.
• Contribute and provide oversight to the development and management of our automated execution capabilities.
* Assist in the development of robust pre-, intra- and post-trade analytics
• Enhance, and maintain our transaction databases across all asset classes
* Assist in the review and assessment of our trade algorithm providers and work with our vendors to enhance their performance.
You will sit within the Trading Strategy and Analytics team, which is part of the Global Trading and Order Generation department at UBS Asset Management/O'Connor. The Trading Strategy and Analytics team is responsible for utilizing analytics to implement strategic trading initiatives with the goal of providing superior execution quality across equity, fixed income, and FX asset classes. You will report into the Global Head of Trading Strategy and Analytics.
Your experience and skills
• Bachelors or Masters in Quantitative Finance or related field
• 5+ years Quantitative work experience
• Programming experience with Matlab, C++, Python, or R
• SQL Querying or database experience highly desired
• Experience in trading and monitoring best execution
• Ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of a range of asset classes, including equities, fixed income and FX
• Strong leadership skills essential
• Knowledge of Asset Management industry and experience of working within a large asset management firm
• Ability to provide intellectual as well as practical leadership for the organization
• Excellent analytical skills, detail and quality oriented
• Familiar with current regulatory changes such as MiFID II, EMIR, Dodd-Frank etc
• Familiar with transaction cost analysis tools as Bloomberg, ITG, Markit and BestX
• Have a good use of analytical tools to interpret trading data and understand patterns
• Somebody with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Comfortable in facing off to people at all levels of seniority and good at building a network of contacts across the business, operations, IT and Compliance
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.