Quality Assurance Engineer
QA Automation Engineer - Python Chicago/en-US/External/job/Chicago/QA-Automation-Engineer---Python_REQ1914/apply
The Job Details are as follows:
You will be an integral member of our QA and development teams, working side by side with project managers, developers and end-users to build quality into our applications at every stage of development.
In the role of QA Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop Test Plans, Test cases, Test Procedures for various types of testing such as Ad Hoc, Functional, GUI, Integration, Regression, Data Validation, User Interface, and overall system integration
- Test applications to discover bugs, as well as provide feedback on usability
- Participate in brainstorming meetings and daily scrums
- Meet with users to understand business requirements
- Stay up to date on best practices and technologies in QA and coach the team
- Proactively assess risks and help to find issues as early as possible
- Help to improve our developer testing processes
- Writing test automation code and participating in code reviews
- Help contribute to the internal knowledge base, and train users on how to use our applications
WHAT YOULL BRING:
- 5+ years in software QA role
- Financial industry experience a plus, but not mandatory
- Experience using GUI testing tools is a plus
- 2+ years of programming experience preferably with Python/C#
- Experience using version controls (Git, TFS, Mercurial, SVN )
- Test automation experience and interested in integrating tests with CI process
- Test automation experience with tools like selenium, Test Complete and others
- Exposure to software development methodologies and familiar with programming concepts --- unafraid to write code to break code
- Enthusiastic about helping to deliver high-quality applications, and love to break things
- Strong problem-solving, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Great attitude and adaptable to taking on many diverse responsibilities
- Passion for self-improvement and continual learning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Posted 6 Days AgoFull timeREQ1914
Balyasny Asset Management L.P. (BAM) is a global institutional investment firm. We strive to deliver consistent, uncorrelated, absolute returns in all market environments by fostering a culture of research, innovation, and collaboration.
BAM exists at the intersection of finance and technology, combining the deep industry knowledge of leading portfolio managers and financial analysts with software engineers and quantitative researchers. We leverage the collective expertise of our teams to seek out new investment opportunities, analyze market conditions, minimize risk, and provide superior service to our investment partners.
With 500+ people in offices around the world, we embrace a culture that welcomes the free flow of ideas, promotes career development, and supports the health and wellbeing of our people through world-class benefits.