Quality Assurance Engineer
QA Automation Engineer Performance Chicago/en-US/External/job/Chicago/QA-Automation-Engineer---Performance_REQ1908/apply
The Job Details are as follows:
You will be an integral member of our QA and development teams, working side by side with project managers, developers and end-users to build quality into our applications at every stage of development.
In the role of QA Performance Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop Test Plans, Test cases, Test Procedures for various types of testing such as Ad Hoc, Functional, GUI, Integration, Regression, Data Validation, User Interface, and overall system integration
- Develop performance test plans and test scripts
- Review the application requirements, functional design and architecture to come up with comprehensive performance test strategy
- Execute on processes and practices related to performance, load and scalability testing
- Provide testing assistance to the product teams for the creation and execution of performance and load tests for newly developed functionality
- Conduct system performance testing to ensure system reliability, capacity and scalability
- Be individual contributors capable of taking up tasks from start to end with minimal assistance
- Be able to understand the software architecture, debug issues, and analyze log files
- Test applications to discover bugs, as well as provide feedback on usability
- Participate in brainstorming meetings and daily scrums
- Meet with users to understand business requirements
- Stay up to date on best practices and technologies in QA and coach the team
- Proactively assess risks and help to find issues as early as possible
- Help to improve our developer testing processes
- Writing test automation code and participating in code reviews
- Help contribute to the internal knowledge base, and train users on how to use our applications
WHAT YOULL BRING:
- 5+ years in software QA role
- 5+ years of relevant work experience conducting Performance testing of High volume mission critical applications
- 2+ years of programming experience for writing load generation and performance analysis tools preferably with Python/C#/Perl
- Experience with performance, scalability and reliability testing methodologies.
- Experience with load testing tools like JMeter, WebLoad, LoadUI, Load Runner.
- Experience with API performance/load testing.
- Ability to analyze architectures, point out performance bottlenecks, limitations, optimizations and resolutions.
- Understanding of performance monitoring counters such as response time, throughput, latency, and memory.
- Knowledge of Monitoring tools (New Relic, Dynatrace, Fiddler, Sitescope, Interscope, Performance Center, AppDynamics, JProfiler, Datadog, Stackify) is plus.
- Excellent understanding of web/N tier architecture.
- Financial industry experience a plus, but not mandatory
- Experience using GUI testing tools is a plus
- Experience using version controls (Git, TFS, Mercurial, SVN )
- Exposure to software development methodologies and familiar with programming concepts --- unafraid to write code to break code
- Enthusiastic about helping to deliver high-quality applications, and love to break things
- Strong problem-solving, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Great attitude and adaptable to taking on many diverse responsibilities
- Passion for self-improvement and continual learning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Posted TodayFull timeREQ1908
Balyasny Asset Management L.P. (BAM) is a global institutional investment firm. We strive to deliver consistent, uncorrelated, absolute returns in all market environments by fostering a culture of research, innovation, and collaboration.
BAM exists at the intersection of finance and technology, combining the deep industry knowledge of leading portfolio managers and financial analysts with software engineers and quantitative researchers. We leverage the collective expertise of our teams to seek out new investment opportunities, analyze market conditions, minimize risk, and provide superior service to our investment partners.
With 500+ people in offices around the world, we embrace a culture that welcomes the free flow of ideas, promotes career development, and supports the health and wellbeing of our people through world-class benefits.