Quality Assurance Engineer
Advancing global markets
starts with great people.
Join the largest (and only) exchange operator in the Fortune 500.
"Our people, who are our greatest
asset, make what we do possible."
- Jeffrey Sprecher, CEO
Help transform markets anywhere around the globe.
☰ Senior QA Automation Engineer 📅 20000953 Requisition # 📅 3 days ago Post Date Apply for Job Share this Job Sign Up for Job Alerts
This is a position with ICE Clear Credit (ICC), a subsidiary of Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. ICC is the world’s largest systemically important clearinghouse for credit default swaps (CDS). ICC is an entrepreneurial and aggressive organization that implements world-class risk management solutions for the CDS marketplace. ICC Systems span:
- OLTP systems for managing business and system workflows
- Distributed batch processing systems for quantitative risk analytics
- Enterprise Integration systems for ETL and Data Feed Management
- Reporting systems for Member, Regulatory and Compliance
- User Interface systems for the external marketplace
ICE Clear Credit LLC is seeking a Senior QA Automation Engineer to work closely with other Quality Assurance professionals, development professionals and other technology teams to validate and develop test automation for end-to-end systems requirements and complex activities related to the release of new products, software releases and business initiatives. A successful candidate will maintain a hands-on pragmatic approach with an understanding of the dynamics of the financial marketplace.
- Design effective component, system, functional, application and enterprise level test automation
- Identify dependencies, risks, and defines the overall strategy for testing complex systems or applications
- Participates in all aspects of a full-lifecycle development methodology, and related quality concepts and processes
- Performs troubleshooting software / hardware configuration problems
- Designs should include establishment of repeatable and automated procedures for data aging, baseline recording, trend development and test execution
- Certify conceptually and via test execution, each components’ capabilities
- Analyze, troubleshoot and automate systems at the application, database and network level
- Frequent interaction with project managers, developers, third-party application vendors, product managers and sales professionals in order to ensure that we deliver quality systems
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Finance or Mathematics; or five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise application testing (test case development and execution) for an exchange, clearing house or FCM
- 5+ years of experience in the software development life cycle, preferably in a financial services environment
- Prefer at least 5+ years of experience with commodity markets, financial trading environment, or equity brokerage business and exposure to futures markets
- Prefer at least 5+ years of experience working in UNIX/Linux and SQL/Oracle environments
- Programming experience using Java or C++
- Familiarity with non-functional programming concepts
- Strong working knowledge of Java based test automation frameworks (TestNG, Cucumber JUnit)
- Experience with testing of Java APIs
- Strong background in functional testing with the ability to design and develop comprehensive automated test strategy and test cases
- Strong background in building automated testing architectures / frameworks
- Strong background in reviewing business and functional requirements in order to produce a test strategy and test cases
- Track record of completing assignments on time with a high degree of quality
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment, and deliver production quality software within tight schedules
- Must be results-oriented, self-motivated and have the ability to thrive in a fast-pace environment
- Able to define and refine test processes and methods that deliver on the business demands
- Strong problem-solving, technical, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and decision making ability
- Extensive knowledge of testing process, testing methodology analysis and defect reporting tools
- Experience with both White Box and Black Box Testing
- Able to analyze, and interpret application interfaces and technical procedures
- Able to define, direct and prioritize tasks and activities of other quality assurance professionals
- Able to write test cases and other application development documentation
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from technical staff both internal and external to the company
- Able to review business and functional requirements in order to produce a test strategy and test cases
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.
- Job Type: Standard
- Schedule: Full-time
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
United States, IL, Chicago
Requisition #: 19001229
United States, IL, Chicago
Requisition #: 20000757
United States, IL, Chicago
Requisition #: 20000437
© Intercontinental Exchange. All rights reserved. Follow Us: 0 0