Python Software Engineer | Chicago
Leading prop market-making firm is seeking a talented Python developer with great communication skills. With offices in Chicago, New York and London, they provide liquidity in a wide variety of financial instruments and asset classes. To do this they hire bright independent thinkers to compete in the world's markets.
In this role, you will be part of the Data Infrastructure team, working in an agile environment, and tasked with improving and extending the firm's data platform. You will be focused on Python, database and web-based systems and will be responsible for ETL tasks, data quality analysis, data modeling, monitoring, and automation.
This is a company that truly values the merits of their employees, where traders, quants and software engineers all work closely together in an open, collaborative environment. The successful Python Software Engineer will be self-motivated, with a passion for the fast-paced environment of the trading industry. Requirements:
- Deep-level understanding of the Python language
- Minimum 2+ years' professional experience
- Solid development skills, including testing, debugging and problem-solving
- STEM degree from a top-tier institution
- Experience of SQL query writing, data models, ETL, workflow automation, etc.
- Experience in trading or finance is a big plus
- Candidates must be based in the USA and have a valid working visa (H1B/Green Card)
- Top of the market compensation package
- Work with smart, motivated individuals where rewards are based on merit
- Feel valued for your input; diverse ideas are actively encouraged
- Plenty of opportunity to learn, progress and grow to your full potential
If you feel you are a good match, please don't hesitate to get in touch with: George James
+44 7377 667533