Python Software Engineer | Chicago
My client is a leading tech-driven prop trading firm, trading their own capital across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies in markets worldwide. They are looking for exceptional software engineers to join a brand-new team where you'll design and build robust, scalable tools and infrastructure to enable Traders and Quant Researchers to do their best work.
Joining a talented group of polyglots and technologists, developers here have large amounts of autonomy and are always looking for the very best tool to solve each individual problem. Here there is very little red tape, and a rapid feedback loop on the software you build. They are firm believers in automated testing and lightly-coupled architectures.
You will collaborate with other engineers, traders and researchers to design custom frameworks or end-user solutions, evaluate new technologies to be utilized where appropriate, and write performance-sensitive code and user-friendly APIs. Requirements:
- 3+ years' experience in building demanding, live Python systems
- Deep and current Python knowledge, especially of modern standards (3.6 onwards) and third-party libraries
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science (or other Engineering field)
- Solid understanding of data structures
- Desirable: Anaconda, pandas, numpy, scipy, TensorFlow or trading industry experience
- Candidates must be based in the USA and have a valid working visa (H1B/Green Card)
- Top of the market compensation package
- Culture has the lively spirit of a start-up, with stability of a longer-established firm
- Feel valued for your input and get rewarded for great ideas
Remote interviews are available if required. Contact
If you feel you are a good match, please don't hesitate to get in touch with: George James
+44 7377 667533