Project Manager, Life Sciences Advisory
- Chicago, IL, USA Chicago IL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Deloitte Services LP - Global
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
Project Manager, Life Sciences Advisory
Project Manager-Deloitte Advisory
Are you looking for an exciting and fast-paced career with apassion for turning business issues into opportunities for growth, resilienceand long-term advantage? Deloitte Advisory ' s product development center TechCenter fosters and creates fusion between leading software technology solutions and Advisory ' s leading services practice. Ourproduct portfolio spans multiple software technologies including wearables,machine learning and advanced analytics, social/mobile, and other leading edgetechnologies.
If you thrive in an organization with enterprise strengthcoupled with a start-up mindset, Deloitte's TechCenter has both! We are hiringtalented individuals with an innovative mindset and technical skillset to joinour growing team.
Work you'll do
Project Manager (PGM) will lead a cross functional team to define a set of next generation enterprise applications that shall support a multi-tenant software and database architecture to provide managed services to life science customers while being extensible to other application domains and vertical markets. The Project Manager will interface with Clients, Clients' project teams, Deloitte's IT, Operations, Business Analysts, Product Managers, Developers and Software Application Testing teams and provide project management leadership for the development and client side deployment and integration efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with stakeholders, Product Managers, and Clients' teams to understand customer and business needs and priorities.
• Communicate the project goals to the internal and external stakeholders.
• Manage Agile Scrum development teams when required
• Work with the Product Managers/Owners and development teams to produce product and release roadmaps.
• Track and manage project dependencies across teams.
• Manage program communication - proactively identify and communicate program progress.
• Ensure issues are identified, tracked, and resolved.
• Facilitate, coordinate and lead cross-functional teams to complete multiple complex technical program and/or project plans, tasks and milestones.
• Prepare status reports and conduct trending analysis/root cause analysis. Analyze processes and make recommendations for improvement.
• Drive initiatives in support of the approved recommendations.
• Influence and manage continuous improvement of product/solution development lifecycle process, practices and initiatives.
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical major and/or relevant experience
• Project Management training
• Minimum 6 years of demonstrated and hands-on experience in project management that includes project types where a software product was developed
• Experience in leading on-site and globally disbursed multiple project teams concurrently
• Experience in client-side deployments and integrations
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) and its interactions with project management discipline
• Experience in closely working with Product Managers/Owners and Client teams
• Experience in communicating technical and non-technical topics with a wide range of stakeholders, internally and externally
• Well versed in the PMI's Project Management Body of Knowledge
• Well versed in managing software development projects using Stage-Gate and Agile methodologies including Agile Scrum and Agile Kanban
• Agile Scrum Master certification from a prominent organization is preferred
• Able to use variety project management tools such as Jira, MS Project, Share Point and capacity models
• Ability to influence others and mentor junior members
• Working knowledge on IT networks and applications.
• Ability to work with and guide the IT Operations teams
• Should have clarity on what business wants and ability to transform wants to result
• Critical reasoning and decision-making skills
Willingness to travel up to 25% required
• PMI certification.
• Cloud-based development projects
Requisition code: E18NATFMGRCP040-CIS