The Project Manager-Data Science is part of the Client Development & Research division facilitating collaboration between Data Science, Marketing, Sales, and Product teams. This role will ensure proper planning, execution, and delivery of high impact analytics projects.
- As a member of the Data Science department, partner with cross functional teams to define and document data science project deliverables and timelines, dependencies and priorities
- Understanding of the broader CME business to map commercial needs to data science projects
- Learn about and understand analytics, technology, and trading platforms (e.g. cloud-based technologies, visualization tools, and trading strategies)
- Execute project plans and support successful program delivery in accordance to Data Science standards
- Partner with senior team members to effectively plan project phasing, goals, and priorities
- Serve as a conduit of knowledge between functional and technical teams
- Communicate regularly with individuals both within and outside of our team, managing relationships and expectations. Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
- Navigate ambiguity to deliver results
- Provide consultation, business analysis, project management, and leadership on multiple projects of varying duration, size, and complexity
- Motivate teams to work together, communicate, and deliver
- Elicit, translate, and simplify requirements
- Document and organize acceptance criteria for user stories
- Manage scope, timeline and resources throughout the course of all assigned projects.
- Clarify project team member task assignments and regularly monitor progress towards project milestones.
- Communicate and document project status to department senior management to ensure that project priorities and status is understood.
- Identify, document, and escalate project risks and challenges to Program Manager and project stakeholders
- Lead project teams during all phases of the development life cycle including requirements gathering and analysis, design, build, pilot, implementation, and continuous service
- Facilitate client and project team interactions including: scrums, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews, incident management and release management
- Work with technical leads and program manager to plan, develop technical scopes of work, and manage the execution of project changes in response to requirements from stakeholders
- Be self-supportive in collaborating with peers to effectively deliver a robust solution for the business
- 2+ years of Project Management experience, preferably managing Data Science projects
- 2+ years of working with project management tools and techniques (for example Smartsheet, Jira, Confluence, Workfront, Scrum etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Former technical experience is preferred
- Strong business to technical documentation requirement skills
- Strong interest in financial markets data and data science preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferably in business/finance or an analytical field such as Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science. Master's degree a plus
- PMP certification required
- Agile certification or experience
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. CME Group complies with federal, state and local laws with respect to providing accommodations for individuals who are unable to receive the vaccine due to a medical condition or religious belief.