Production Reliability Engineer, Crypto - Chicago
Top of the market in HFT Summary
Unique in their field, this HFT fund has the lively, positive spirit of a start-up with the stability of a longer-established player. They hire exceptional talent in Maths, Physics and Computer Science, from across the trading, tech and start-up industries, to apply cutting-edge research to global financial markets.
Their crypto trading team is looking to hire a Production Reliability Engineer who can excel in the fast-paced, rapidly changing world of cryptocurrency.
In this role, you'll be proactively monitoring and supporting large-scale trading systems applications, as well as building and maintaining devops toolkit for the production trading system (config + process management, deployment, data collection, analysis, etc.). You'll also work directly with traders and developers, communicating technology changes, managing incidents and solving problems.
The successful Production Reliability Engineer will have a rigorous, detail-oriented approach to operations, able to take ownership of difficult technical problems, who enjoys the challenge of finding solutions. Requirements
- 3+ years' relevant experience in IT ops, such as DevOps, Linux System Engineering, or Network Engineering
- Strong skills in Python and shell scripting
- Degree in Computer Science (or related) or equivalent commercial experience
- Bonus points for C++ and/or crypto markets experience
- Exposure to networking concepts, such as routing, multicast, LLDP, VLAN tagging, ethernet, is a plus
- Competitive base salary & bonus
- Enormous opportunity to grow, learn and have an impact
- Contributions are rewarded; career progression supported
- Unique culture where you can fulfil your potential through collaboration and mutual respect
If this sounds like you, or you'd like to know more, please get in touch. Andy Stirling-Martin