About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Northern Trust Global Procurement team strives for efficiency and operational excellence to provide high quality service to internal and external partners, while improving sustainability and efficiency of the operating model. We are searching for a highly-skilled product owner to manage and improve Third Party Management procurement systems.
The ideal candidate will have substantive experience in systems implementations and post go-live enhancements, able to build a cohesive capabilities structure, manage system change management process, and work with key stakeholders to prioritize business outcomes. They will be expected to prepare and present progress updates to Global Procurement Leadership on a regular basis, ensuring the system capabilities and operations are meeting business needs.
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home. MAJOR DUTIES
- Maintain the Third Party Management system's product vision and capabilities roadmap
- Engage stakeholders to identify emerging business needs, drive priorities and deliver required capabilities
- Own the system design and support data governance while working closely with the Third Party Management Program Lead to ensure program enhancements are captured within the system
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert, establish trust within the corresponding business teams, providing solution options to business challenges taking system capabilities into account
- Develop the business case for new capabilities, improvements to existing capability and functionality, manage system budget and provide monthly update to finance teams
- Provide project management oversight for new system capabilities development, including documentation of business requirements, UAT and implementation
- Manage the relationship with key application vendors, hold periodic meetings, review issues, provide feedback, direct activities
- Engage with the Third Party Program Lead to provide ongoing training to business users
- Own the content of the system program reporting to stakeholders
- Design and oversee system monitoring procedures and data integrity checks to ensure system is operating normally, issues identified early and resolve timely
- Manage day-to-day activities of the system support team, hold periodic meetings to review status, prioritize tasks, provide guidance
- Oversee timely resolution of user requests and support tickets
- Assist Third Party Management team with ad hoc requests
- Attend regular Third Party Management governance meetings
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Systems implementation, ongoing improvement and monitoring
- System reporting
- Develop and manage system design configuration process flows
- Collaboration with stakeholders to establish capability development strategy
- Project management, change management, business requirement gathering, and/or business user acceptance testing
- Third Party Management process and tools domain knowledge
- Familiarity with procurement processes
- Proficiency in ERP and reporting systems (e.g. PeopleSoft, COUPA, SharePoint, MS Office tools, Power BI, Incrota)
15+ years of industry experience (procurement, project management, product management, systems implementations, system configuration maintenance) Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.