Private Accounting Vice President
Private Equity Accounting Associate (Up to Vice President)
Mesirow Financial is an independent, employee-owned firm founded in 1937. As specialists in investment, risk management and advisory services, we are committed to helping our institutional, corporate, and individual clients achieve their objectives. We are proud of Mesirow’s culture of fostering team member engagement, entrepreneurship, and empowerment. Our positive culture, volunteerism, and opportunity for advancement makes Mesirow one of the few employers to be included in both Chicago Tribune’s Top Places to Work and Crain’s Best Places to Work in Chicago.
Mesirow Financial Private Equity (MFPE) is a Chicago-based boutique private equity firm with approximately $6.2 billion in commitments since inception to managed fund-of-funds, co-investment funds and customized investment vehicles to a global institutional client base of accredited investors and Qualified Purchasers. MFPE seeks to generate returns that outperform the industry mean by providing investors with access to private equity managers considered to be the most established and top-performing in the industry. Our co-investment program offers clients direct exposure to select investment opportunities sourced exclusively from this network of high-quality private equity funds.
- Assist in the implementation of Investran for MFPE
- Prepare, validate and/or assist in the preparation of fund reporting for various Co-investment Funds, Partnership Funds, and customized investment vehicles
- Prepare special monthly and quarterly client specific reporting
- Assist with cash management, including, but not limited to, daily and monthly reconciliation of cash activity from bank accounts, entry and recording of capital calls and distributions, and wire transfer initiation/approval
- Analyze, research, and ensure appropriate reconciliations surrounding PE investment activity/data i.e. bank accounts, expense allocations, income, gains, withholding are completed accurately and timely
- Support team with tax review
- Support team with preparing client requests, presentation materials, and capital calls and distributions to MFPE’s limited partners
- Co-Administer MFPE’s Data Exchange (DX) investor portal
- Respond to client back-office, custodial bank, auditor and consultant requests for information
- Prepare schedules and other data as needed for consultant RFIs and RFPs
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience using Investran (preferably 6.x and 7.x versions)
- Minimum of 2 years fund accounting experience
- Private Equity Fund of Fund accounting experience a plus
- Tax or Audit experience a plus
- CPA license (or in process) preferred
- Demonstrated high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
- Strong organizational and time management skills a must.
- Team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently; manage multiple project-oriented tasks in an effective and timely manner.