Advancing global markets
starts with great people.
Join the largest (and only) exchange operator in the Fortune 500.
"Our people, who are our greatest
asset, make what we do possible."
- Jeffrey Sprecher, CEO
Help transform markets anywhere around the globe.
☰ Data Center Operations Technician New 📅 19001111 Requisition # 📅 1 day ago Post Date Apply for Job Share this Job Sign Up for Job Alerts Job Purpose
The Data Center Technician is responsible for ensuring all activities carried out in the Data Center & Access Centers conform to Data Center Procedures and industry best practices. This role will carry out Data Center tasks as directed, work could be project based or tasks received via Service Now. In all cases the Technician will ensure that appropriate task follow the Change Control rules and support the task as documented by the requester.
This role includes carrying out daily checks, including ensuring security is maintained within the DC Halls, managing visiting customers and third party vendors, ensuring all work activity is captured and updates entered into Service Now and inventorying consumables required for daily tasks. In addition, the Technician will provide work procedures as requested by the Data Center Manager and assist Data Center Engineers with gathering information for work orders. Responsibilities
Knowledge and Experience
- First line escalation point for serious incidents or technical issues
- Execution of MACs in the Data Center, MPOEs, MMRs and access centers for internal and external customers
- Manage asset record updates, tracking and placing assets as to their location and status (deployed, ceased etc.)
- Carry out daily checks to ensure security and access policies are being adhered to and Data Center cleanliness is maintained
- Carry out QA in Data Center Halls and access centers
- Record details of all hardware deliveries received from S&R
- Control Data Center stocks (copper/fibers patch cables, fiber cleaning accessories, cables labels, etc.) and report appropriately
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.
- Experience with hardware manufacturer installation standards and knowledge of copper and fibers cabling installations and standards, with preference given to the following qualifications:
- Certified Data Center Technician CDCT
- HP Accredited Platform Specialist
- Systimax Copper Installation ND5541
- Systimax Installation & Maintenance ND3341
- Corning NPI Membership
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate
- BICSI Practices and Procedures
- 5 years' experience working in Data Center environments
- Basic network knowledge and experience of Ciena, Juniper and Force 10 hardware
- Understanding of IP networks
- Experience of working in an ITIL controlled environment with knowledge of Change Control & Incident Management processes
- 3+ years experience using Microsoft Office and CRM databases
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Demonstrated ability to perform at an advanced level, troubleshooting techniques, communicate issues and results to co-workers and escalate to immediate management
- Ability to manage 3rd party contract staff/companies working within the DC
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment as a member of a self-managed work team, in rotational assignments, or as a member of a project team
- Effective written and verbal communication at all levels
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Job Type: Standard
- Schedule: Full-time
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
United States, IL, Chicago
Requisition #: 19000395
United States, IL, Chicago
Requisition #: 19001095
United States, GA, Atlanta
Requisition #: 19000959
© Intercontinental Exchange. All rights reserved. Follow Us: 0 0