Operations Specialist The Level:
9 ( relevant for internal applicants only ) The Team:
The S&P Global 17g-7 IBCO Group has an opening for a 17g-7 Operations Specialist. The selected individual will support the Ratings line of Business within the In Business Control Group. The individual will be responsible for obtaining, reviewing, analyzing legal documents and monitoring internal databases and information flows. The Impact :
This role is critical to ensuring that our business standards are met. The content that you will deliver supports the Ratings process. The Career Opportunity :
You will work with a team of highly skilled individuals with close partnerships in the analytical business and business operations. Most importantly, under supervision the 17g-7 Operations Specialist will follow established procedures to create 17g-7 (N) Disclosure Reports as required by the Dodd-Frank Act. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $46,200 to $129,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities :
• Gathers required documentation from internal sources as specified by the group's established procedures.
• Analyzes the data within the financial contractual documentation obtained in order to prepare 17g-7(N) Disclosure Reports following internal guidelines.
• Performs independent research as needed to acquire understanding of the data.
• Maintains adherence to strict deadlines.
• Maintains related records and files following internal procedures.
• Answers mail and/or telephone inquiries relating to the reports created.
• Provides other ad hoc data requests for management or the business units.
• Providing support on other ad-hoc projects. Our Hiring Manager Says :
"The successful candidate will be someone that can work under tight deadlines while maintaining quality and excellence in their work and adhering to established procedures. It will also be someone that enjoys reviewing financial and legal contracts." Qualifications :
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or Economics preferred.
• Regulatory/Risk Assessment experience a plus.
• Fluent in Spanish a plus.
• 3-4 years of work experience in related fields.
• Basic understanding of data analysis.
• Experience with financial legal documents a plus.
• Strong understanding of financial markets and their relationship to S&P Global products a plus
• Problem-solving skills informed by deep and varied experience in forging solutions.
• Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to work well within the context of a team and produce reports on a tight deadline.
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point).
• Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
• Must be flexible and able to switch gears at a moment's notice.
• Professional demeanor, team player, ability to interface effectively with internal/external parties
• Diligent and intellectually curious self-starter with a strong work ethic and a drive to succeed. About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), OPRTON202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
259945 Posted On:
Centennial, Colorado, United States