At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity encouraging an environment where employees can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective. Fitch is also committed to supporting its employees by advancing conversations around diversity, equity and inclusion. Fitch's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) have been established by employees who have joined together as a workplace community based on similar backgrounds or life experiences. Fitch's ERGs are available to connect employees with others within the organization to offer professional and personal support.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Ratings' Global Core Operations team is seeking Operations Associates to join the group in our Chicago office. Fitch Ratings Operations is focused on developing an efficient operating environment for analytical teams bybringing consistency and standardization to all operational aspects of the rating process.
The position involves providing a range of analytical support services required for the overall credit analysis function performed by the analytical teams. The Operations Associate will assist with many of the analytical teamsadministrative and operations tasks related to the rating process. These tasks include support on internal analytical applications, data and ratings input and verification, and electronic filing of documents among other tasks tosupport analytical workflow operating processes. This position involves working collaboratively with members of analytical teams, IT and others to ensure that the correct processes are followed that meet the needs of the usersand support compliance with the Company's overall business and regulatory requirements.
The ideal candidate will have 0-2 years' experience at a global financial services organization. Experience in data management and fixed income knowledge would be a plus. The selected candidate will be a self-motivatedprofessional possessing strong organizational and problem solving skills, proficiency in Excel (Pivot Tables, Macros), and the ability to communicate with senior managers, analytical staff, and technical support - both verballyand in written reports. The candidate should have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and the general desire to learn about the ratings and Core Operations processes. A bachelor's degree in informationsystems, finance, accounting, economics or other relevant areas preferred.
- Assist with day to day management/ support of the analytical workflow operating processes.
- Assist with internal analytical support applications, data and ratings input and verification, and electronic filing of documents.
- Provide daily and ad hoc support to rating analysts to follow the pre and post internal credit rating committees' process.
- Perform other credit related and routine administrative tasks as directed by the Core Operations team.
- Assist with analytical, data collection and ratings workflow operating processes to ensure universal compliance.
- Participate in various projects including training new members of the team on the use of new tools/applications.
- Assist Senior Core Operations members with special projects, as needed, on behalf of the Chief Operating Officer or other leaders of Fitch Ratings.
- Working collaboratively with members of analytical teams, IT and others to ensure that the correct processes are followed that meet the needs of the users and support compliance with the Company's overall businessand regulatory requirements.
- Recommend solutions and procedures to streamline/improve current processes and provide highest quality support to the global analytical community.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the current procedures, applications, management report and training.
- Promote an overall understanding of existing and new compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required
- Self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team environment.
- 0-2 years of experience at a global financial services organization.
- Customer focused with the commitment to providing exceptional client service.
- Quick learner with excellent attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, flexible, proactive, and adaptable to change.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.