Fitch Ratings' Global Core Operations team is seeking Operations Associates to join the group in our Chicago office. Fitch Ratings Operations is focused on developing an efficient operating environment for analytical teams by bringing consistency and standardization to all operational aspects of the rating process. The position involves providing a range of analytical support services required for the overall credit analysis function performed by the analytical teams. The Operations Associate will assist with many of the analytical teams' administrative and operations tasks related to the rating process. These tasks include support on internal analytical applications, data and ratings input and verification, and electronic filing of documents among other tasks to support analytical workflow operating processes. This position involves working collaboratively with members of analytical teams, IT and others to ensure that the correct processes are followed that meet the needs of the users and support compliance with the Company's overall business and regulatory requirements.
The ideal candidate will have 0-2 years' experience at a global financial services organization. Experience in data management and fixed income knowledge would be a plus. The selected candidate will be a self-motivated professional possessing strong organizational and problem-solving skills, proficiency in Excel (Pivot Tables, Macros), and the ability to communicate with senior managers, analytical staff, and technical support - both verbally and in written reports. The candidate should have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and the general desire to learn about the ratings and Core Operations processes. A bachelor's degree in information systems, finance, accounting, economics or other relevant areas preferred.
- Assist with day to day management/ support of the analytical workflow operating processes.
- Assist with internal analytical support applications, data and ratings input and verification, and electronic filing of documents.
- Provide daily and ad hoc support to rating analysts to follow the pre and post internal credit rating committees' process.
- Perform other credit related and routine administrative tasks as directed by the Core Operations team.
- Assist with analytical, data collection and ratings workflow operating processes to ensure universal compliance.
- Participate in various projects including training new members of the team on the use of new tools/applications.
- Assist Senior Core Operations members with special projects, as needed, on behalf of the Chief Operating Officer or other leaders of Fitch Ratings.
- Working collaboratively with members of analytical teams, IT and others to ensure that the correct processes are followed that meet the needs of the users and support compliance with the Company's overall business and regulatory requirements.
- Recommend solutions and procedures to streamline/improve current processes and provide highest quality support to the global analytical community.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the current procedures, applications, management report and training. Promote an overall understanding of existing and new compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required.
- Self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team environment.
- 0-2 years of experience at a global financial services organization.
- Customer focused with the commitment to providing exceptional client service.
- Quick learner with excellent attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, flexible, proactive, and adaptable to change.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.