Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today’s global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Ratings’ Global Core Operations team is seeking Operations Associates to join the group in our Chicago office. Fitch Ratings Operations is focused on developing an efficient operating environment for analytical teams by bringing consistency and standardization to all operational aspects of the rating process.
The position involves providing a range of analytical support services required for the overall credit analysis function performed by the analytical teams. The Operations Associate will assist with many of the analytical teams administrative and operations tasks related to the rating process. These tasks include support on internal analytical applications, data and ratings input and verification, and electronic filing of documents among other tasks to support analytical workflow operating processes. This position involves working collaboratively with members of analytical teams, IT and others to ensure that the correct processes are followed that meet the needs of the users and support compliance with the Company’s overall business and regulatory requirements.
The ideal candidate will have 0-2 years’ experience at a global financial services organization. Experience in data management and fixed income knowledge would be a plus. The selected candidate will be a self-motivated professional possessing strong organizational and problem solving skills, proficiency in Excel (Pivot Tables, Macros), and the ability to communicate with senior managers, analytical staff, and technical support – both verbally and in written reports. The candidate should have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and the general desire to learn about the ratings and Core Operations processes. A bachelor’s degree in information systems, finance, accounting, economics or other relevant areas preferred.
- Assist with day to day management/ support of the analytical workflow operating processes.
- Assist with internal analytical support applications, data and ratings input and verification, and electronic filing of documents.
- Provide daily and ad hoc support to rating analysts to follow the pre and post internal credit rating committees’ process.
- Perform other credit related and routine administrative tasks as directed by the Core Operations team.
- Assist with analytical, data collection and ratings workflow operating processes to ensure universal compliance.
- Participate in various projects including training new members of the team on the use of new tools/applications.
- Assist Senior Core Operations members with special projects, as needed, on behalf of the Chief Operating Officer or other leaders of Fitch Ratings.
- Working collaboratively with members of analytical teams, IT and others to ensure that the correct processes are followed that meet the needs of the users and support compliance with the Company’s overall business and regulatory requirements.
- Recommend solutions and procedures to streamline/improve current processes and provide highest quality support to the global analytical community.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the current procedures, applications, management report and training.
- Promote an overall understanding of existing and new compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team environment.
- 0-2 years of experience at a global financial services organization.
- Customer focused with the commitment to providing exceptional client service.
- Quick learner with excellent attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, flexible, proactive, and adaptable to change.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch’s credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp