Office 365 Architect
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients. We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That's why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking an Office 365 Architect (Consultant) to join our growing Cloud & Infrastructure practice! This position requires a candidate with strong business acumen along with technical depth to assist with architecture, implementation, and domain migrations for enterprise size companies. We are looking for someone with proven experience designing and implementing these technologies/solutions, as well as someone who is excited about helping clients successfully migrate to the cloud and Office 365.
- Act as the technical architect on multiple client electronic mail environments and associated projects simultaneously
- Work on client project-based initiatives including Office 365 migrations, MS Exchange upgrades, and system consolidation typically through broader merger integration initiatives
- Assess current state client business processes, gathering and defining business and technology requirements
- Re-engineer new business processes, capabilities, and supporting technologies to solve client problems
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement new business processes and technology that enable and drive client performance
- Work directly with West Monroe consultant and client project teams to implement cloud & infrastructure solutions that support various business and technical functions
- Work with client management and provide written and oral status updates; facilitate and lead meetings in both a project and escalated incident setting
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience engineering Microsoft environments, Office 365 and Exchange (2003-2016)
- 2+ years of architecture and project experience designing and deploying enterprise-level Exchange environments (>4,000 seats), Unified Communications and electronic mail compliance and archiving solutions
- Experience with cross-org email migrations and co-existence utilizing native Exchange tools as well as third party solutions from Bittitan, Quest, or Binary Tree
- Expertise in designing and implementing directory services and related technologies in coordination with Exchange & O365 (AD, ADFS, AzureAD, Azure Passthrough Auth, MFA)
- Expertise and experience in Windows based Collaboration Services
- Experience with support and administration of environments with high-availability and disaster recovery technologies such as clustering and replication
- In-depth knowledge of SMTP and spam filtering solutions
- Sound understanding of storage, networking, and backup solutions
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing multiple technology projects simultaneously
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge and competence of standard concepts, best practices, and operational procedures within a corporate Microsoft cloud environment
- A natural sense of urgency, initiative and a positive team player philosophy to be reflected in daily work ethics; strong problem-solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel for out-of-town client engagements
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.