Do you want to design and build next generation business applications using the latest technologies? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Do you like to be challenged and encouraged to learn and grow professionally?
The O'Connor Development team is looking for a skilled and talented software engineer who:
• understands and is passionate about developing micro services
• can work on critical enhancements to Front Office and Middle Office tools
• can insure the components of the operational platform are operating as efficient as possible
• is comfortable interacting with the business users and analysts to help define and drive change
The candidate must be a seasoned developer and have experience designing, implementing and delivering complete solutions into production. Experience in financial technologies or banking industry strongly desired.
As a Software Engineer your tasks can include:
• Modify software to fix errors, adapt it for new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces
• Program software and create and/or maintain documentation
• Test system and validate procedures
• Analyze information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system
• Work closely with business stakeholders, analysts, and staff
You'll be working alongside highly skilled developers with expansive technical knowledge and industry experience that operate under the Asset Management IT group in our Chicago office.
• Computer science or MIS related degree is preferred
• 3+ years of application development
• Practical experience with Linux, UNIX and Windows desktop environments
• Relational databases, preferably Sybase, MS SQL, or Oracle
• Programming languages: Java, Python, Perl, SQL, Shell Scripting
• C++, TCL, or C# a plus
• Practical experience with Source code control systems and release management techniques
• Exceptional problem solving skills and independent thinking
The ideal candidate will have:
• Proven experience in a development role within the financial industry, preferably facing off to Front Office personnel and other application users
• Experience working in a globally distributed team and environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with Git, Gradle, and TeamCity
• Experience with Geneva, Front Arena, Eze Castle OMS or similar vended products
• Worked in a trading environment
• Understanding of Risk Systems
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.