O'Connor Data Support Manager
Are you curious about financial analytics and its applications within the investment and risk management life-cycle? Are you passionate about solving business problems and making an impact? Can you develop and interpret complex SQL queries and reports? We're looking for someone like that to:
- Propose and lead initiatives centered on data quality control and improvements.
- Prioritize time and self-direction within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Be an excellent leader capable of working in a fast-paced hedge fund environment, continually reviewing processes and communicating problems and fixes with business counterparts
You'll be working in the the KS Data Support team for the O'Connor Hedge Fund business of UBS Asset Management. The primary focus of this role is ensuring the global team members are effective in their roles and providing a superior level of data support to the O'Connor business on a 24 x 5.5 basis. It involves training staff, leading the development and maintenance of the O'Connor Data Support knowledge base, hiring and developing new talent, and owning all aspects of accountability to the O'Connor business on behalf of UBS-AM Knowledge Services. This role also has ultimate accountability of the setup and maintenance of all instruments, counterparty and booking structure data used by O'Connor risk systems and trading applications. The role requires direct interaction with an international user base of Front-, Middle- & Back-Office staff at various levels of seniority.
Your experience and skills
You Have :
- Experience leading reference and pricing data support teams, with a track record of team excellence
- Experience with reference data structures and attributes, especially convertible bonds, fixed income instruments (including FRN's, ABS, corporates, loans), futures, forwards and options
- A Track record of staff development leading to successful business outcomes
- A Solid understanding of Equity, Fixed Income, and Derivative asset classes and trade lifecycles
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- A self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A working understanding of relational databases, schemas, normalization, stored procedures
- Intermediate-level SQL experience with hands-on ability
- Proficient with Excel and VBA Macros (highly desirable)
- A college graduate, with a Bachelors Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, and/or Economics. A Masters Degree is a plus.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.