New Accounts Specialist
- Chicago, IL, USA Chicago IL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 17 Mar 18 2018-03-17
New Accounts Specialist
Interactive Brokers ("IB") seeks an individual to join our Chicago, Illinois based new accounts team. The team is responsible for opening and maintaining client accounts originating from 170 countries worldwide. The new accounts specialist is responsible for executing the firm's Customer Identification Program (CIP) ensuring all new applicants and existing clients comply with our company policies. Ensuring that we implement the appropriate controls and monitoring to satisfy our obligations to the appropriate regulatory authorities, the specialist flawlessly balances the speed and accuracy required to drive growth; and the risk-averse decision making enforced by IB management. A New Accounts Specialist possesses the ability to learn quickly and continually adapt procedures to the consistently evolving regulatory environment of financial services.
Interactive Brokers, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR), is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 695,000 trades per day*. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast paced, results oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
*Figures as of September 30, 2017. For more information about Interactive Brokers visit: www.interactivebrokers.com
The New Accounts Specialist is responsible for but not limited to:
- Conducting background checks, due diligence reviews and various AML/KYC checks in compliance with firm policies and procedures.
- Thoroughly reviewing customer accounts and various documentation related to account approvals and maintenance.
- Assist the compliance officer daily with gathering the necessary documentation and information for new account applications.
- Quickly process documentation related to account maintenance tasks.
- Cross reference multiple databases for potential objectionable client matches.
- Collaborate with other cross functional teams to assist with account approval and maintenance.
- BS or BA required
- PC Skills - MS Office
- Registrations: FINRA Series 7, 6, 63 a plus
- Fluency in foreign languages is a plus, especially Spanish, Russian, Mandarin, Hebrew, and Arabic
The ideal candidate is a holistic thinker who can make quick decisions based on risk and is very task oriented. Ok with routine, the ideal candidate can efficiently pivot and think out of the box when required.
- Quick learner
- Natural problem solver
- Decision-making ability
- Organized and excellent communicator
- Strong customer service focus
- Works independently but is a team player
- Multi-tasking in a fast paced environment