Network Operations Engineer
- Negotiable USD
- Chicago, IL, USA Chicago IL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 24 Aug 18 2018-08-24
Our vision of the Network Operations group, is to gather sharp engineers that are passionate about the field of networking and surround them with like-minded individuals, constantly striving to innovate the operation and architecture of our large global network.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
Our vision of the Network Operations group, is to gather sharp engineers that are passionate about the field of networking and surround them with like-minded individuals, constantly striving to innovate the operation and architecture of our large global network. On a typical day, you can be presented with enterprise level security issues one minute, troubleshooting market data multicast routing the next minute, all while working on a wireless problem on one of our trading floors.
We are constantly looking for engineers that aren’t afraid to contribute a fresh perspective, so if you love working in a dynamic high paced environment with no silos, we look forward to hearing from you
- Lead troubleshooting of network based issues, being able to clearly analyze the problem at hand while interfacing with other departments to organize and control incident response
- Working on the operational desk dealing with incident management tickets
- Responding to incidents, customer queries, fixing issues on a range of vendor projects
- Ability to work on simultaneous change implementations and incidents, with a focus on documentation
- Frequently engage in complex issues with both internal and external customers, with an emphasis on being able to analyze packet captures
- Work with the support team on operational acceptance testing for new environments, while being able to analyze gaps in procedures and documentation.
- Use and improve network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds
- Stay on top of emerging technologies in the network field, either through training or research, in order have the flexibility to learn and support a multi-vendor environment
- React to an ever changing global network, through configuration management, documentation, whilst engaging with different departments and business units
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Demonstrable industry experience (financial services and/or large scale unicast and multicast networks is a big plus)
- Extensive in-depth knowledge and troubleshooting expertise of routing and switching protocols (OSPF, BGP, STP)
- Experience designing and/or supporting large scale multicast networks, with a focus on financial market data feeds.
- Experience in network monitoring, packet capture tools or software defined networking
- Excellent understanding of security best practices in relation to all aspects of the network (Firewalls, Proxies, Penetration Scans, SSL, IPsec, Dot1x)
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting wireless networks (standards, security, radio placement, etc)
- Fundamental knowledge and theoretical understanding of software and hardware load balancers
- Familiarity and/or experience with scripting languages and automation tools, with a focus on operationalizing mundane tasks and speeding up deployments
- Big-picture understanding of the networking concepts behind virtual environments and various hybrid cloud initiatives