Advancing global markets
starts with great people.
Join the largest (and only) exchange operator in the Fortune 500.
"Our people, who are our greatest
asset, make what we do possible."
- Jeffrey Sprecher, CEO
Help transform markets anywhere around the globe.
☰ Network Operations Engineer New 📅 21000052 Requisition # 📅 19 hours ago Post Date Apply for Job Share this Job Sign Up for Job Alerts
Network Operations provides 24x7 support for the organization’s global production network infrastructure by performing proactive routines that ensure service impacts are avoided. This team interacts with customers and peers in Operations and Engineering to facilitate effective handling of service requests and connectivity issues.
- Incident Management - Proactive checkouts and monitoring to avoid service outages or limit their impact. Troubleshooting and fault isolation to restore service when necessary.
- Problem Management - Solutions for Incident Management from case study evaluations. This includes development of the related root cause flow charts and troubleshooting procedures that streamline the time required to isolate faults and restore service.
- Operational Readiness for New Services - Completing checklists that support pre-production deployment of network services. This includes assurance that Network Operations has updated management for all related network components, is performing pro-active routines to ensure optimal network health, understands the service and it’s dependencies, and the staff is capable of performing established recovery procedures.
- Change Management Planning and Configuration Implementation - Coordination of changes at the CAB and periodic quality reviews with Engineering. Implementation of tasks assigned to Network Operations and support for those implemented by Network Engineering.
- Service Requests, Network Maintenance and Operational Support - Executing requests for analysis or support. Representing Network Operations’ strategic initiatives such as vendor service level reviews, Asset Management, and Capacity Management. Coordination and support for pro-active maintenance activities required to keep the infrastructure in good health.
- Process Improvement - Deliver operational support improvements to technologies, processes, tools or services.
- Perform monitoring for new events to open incidents.
- Perform all levels of routine network analysis.
- Coordinate hot hands and other activities with vendors.
- Interact with advanced level engineering support.
- Develop and propose solutions for the knowledge base
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant experience or 6+ years in lieu of degree
- Certification at or above the Juniper JNCIS is preferred, although an equivalent Cisco CCNP certification is acceptable.
- Experience with routing protocols and concepts (OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Traffic Engineering, etc.)
- Solid knowledge and inner-workings of TCP/IP, Layer 2 and 3 switching.
- Knowledge and experience with multicast troubleshooting in a switch/routed network is preferred.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment is essential.
- Solid understanding of multicast and troubleshooting techniques.
- Working knowledge of how to use management tools.
- Scheduling flexibility required
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.
- Job Type: Standard
- Schedule: Full-time
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
United States, IL, Chicago
Requisition #: 20000536
United States, NY, New York
Requisition #: 20000947
United States, GA, Atlanta
Requisition #: 20000924
© Intercontinental Exchange. All rights reserved. Follow Us: 0 0