Network/Linux Engineer | Chicago & New York
Headquartered in Chicago, this global prop trading firm employs the smartest minds to bring a scientific approach to trading strategies. They regard technology as critical to their success, and they're looking for a Network/Linux Engineer to join their ambitious hardworking team to help them continue to thrive.
This is a high impact role, where you will work closely with the CTO and trading teams, contributing as a hands-on technical leader on various projects. You will draw on your deep understanding of network protocols and performance optimization to design, configure and support the global network, optimizing for latency and throughput. Additionally, the role includes Linux administration, tooling and automation.
The successful Network/Linux Engineer will possess leadership and innovation capabilities, is passionate about delivering value and thrives in an experienced, collaborative team. Requirements:
- 4+ years' strong Linux system admin skills
- 4+ years' experience supporting high performance networks
- Minimum 1 year of Python scripting and strong Linux shell (all utilities) experience
- Expert knowledge of IP networking, TCP/IP, switching, routing and multicast
- Docker, Kubernetes and data management strategies experience a bonus
- Candidates must be based in the USA and have a valid working visa (H1B/Green Card)
- Top of the market compensation package + performance-based bonuses
- Fantastic work-life balance
- Benefits include: premium health, casual dress, fully stocked pantries, company socials, relaxation room and generous learning allowance
- Plenty of scope to grow and have an impact on the business
If you feel you are a good match, please don't hesitate to get in touch with: George James
+44 7377 667533