Mgr Talent & Professional Development
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
Our opening for a Talent and Professional Development Manager is a great opportunity to bring your talent management experience to the table and make a meaningful impact in the careers and employee experiences of our highly driven workforce. This position works alongside department leadership and CME line managers to translate CME strategies and priorities into specific functional performance objectives, then supports execution of those objectives by helping design, implement and administer widely applicable and best in class talent and organizational effectiveness programs for CME work groups and individuals. Principal Accountabilities:
Skills & Software Requirements:
- Lead the administration and delivery of several OE programs including performance management, employee experience survey and action planning, firm-wide talent assessment process, succession planning, career development tools and resources.
- Continually develop own capabilities and knowledge base to bring to bear best practices and thought leadership in Organizational Effectiveness disciplines, including but not limited to: talent management, assessment, organization and job design, change management, organizational performance measurement and metrics, employee engagement, coaching and leadership development, organizational culture, and team effectiveness and group dynamics.
- Contribute to on-going measurement and process improvement of OE initiatives and programs.
- Establish and maintain quality business and professional relationships with all stakeholders, including but not limited to: department team members, HR staff, company leadership and line managers; develop working partnership relationships with key leaders to assure departments' efforts are relevant and contributory.
- Partner with team members to support and contribute to organizational learning and leadership development strategies, serving in various roles and capacities as needed (e.g. project manager, facilitator, designer, thought leader, etc.).
- Partner with the Executive Director, PDOE and Senior Director, OE, as well as other stakeholders (department leadership, line managers, etc.) to identify, design and plan talent and organizational effectiveness related programs and initiatives that address business needs; in partnership with Senior Director, OE provide input into the development and/or modification of the strategic initiatives for the OE function.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong project management skills with an ability to manage stakeholders, set priorities, meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Excellent client relationship management and consulting skills.
- Ability to anticipate solutions, stay ahead of trends and develop and deliver original and impactful talent solutions.
- Success in developing and deploying talent initiatives that align to business strategy.
- Ability to understand business environment (financial and other).
- Strong communication, consulting, and facilitation skills within all levels of the organization.
- Experience coaching and influencing employees, peers and leaders.
- HR Systems experience, Workday preferred.