Mgr GAM Client Services
- Negotiable USD
- Chicago, IL, USA Chicago IL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 11 Sep 18 2018-09-11
Description The Manager, GAM Client Services performs a multifaceted role spanning technology, operations and market data licensing relationship management.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
The Manager, GAM Client Services performs a multifaceted role spanning technology, operations and market data licensing relationship management. In this role, the Manager must collaborate with internal partners and CME Group Clearing Firms to provision market access for CME Group platforms including Globex, CME Direct, CME STP and ClearPort by ensuring a full understanding of the associated processes and risk control capabilities available via CME tools and interfaces. The position bridges the relationship between internal teams and various clearing, trading and broker firms to expand distribution of CME markets, tools and services.
The Manager, GAM Client Services will be the primary technology & operations relationship manager for trading firms. This person works regularly with internal cross-functional teams and client contacts on the business, technology and operations sides to successfully integrate client or third-party vendor technology with the CME Group technologies used to facilitate trading and clearing.
Market data account management responsibilities include managing licensing of the exchange’s market data. The incumbent is the primary interface with licensees and is responsible for understanding the client’s use of data and establishing the proper license agreement granting rights to use and/or distribute CME Group and third-party information.
- Ensure CME Clearing Firm Risk admins and CME Direct broker and trader admins are fully trained and versed on the CME Direct platform and onboarding requirements, CME Direct risk applications, CME Account Manager, and Globex Credit Controls capabilities and enhancements.
- Proactively manage the relationship with Clearing Firms to enable and facilitate on-boarding of new trading and broker firms to CME Direct.
- Analyze and develop necessary processes and cross-team training to support new enhancements for CME Direct and CME STP and other OTC services. Leverage problem solving and process management skills.
- Manage CME STP on-boarding process for certification and production go live for firms
- Advocate internally on behalf of clients to enhance our platform solutions.
- Ensure client readiness for changes in CME Group technologies through regular engagement of business, technical and operational contacts on the client side.
- Lead and manage the technology relationship with key clients, vendors and intermediary partners.
- Provide market access education for customers and proactively communicate regarding platform capabilities, tools and services. Partner with sales to meet client needs across a variety of business and technology topics.
- Maintain & manage process for enrolling new market data Licensees under the proper licensing agreement granting rights to use and/or distribute CME Group and third-party information
- Establish relationships with new Licensees to help grow their use and distribution of information
- Provide demonstrations and tutorials on CME Group market data reporting system for monthly compliance requirements
- Collaborate with internal teams such as Market Technology Sales, Marketing and Global Data Licensing Services on business development related to new Licensees
- Ensure timely reporting and payment of by market data licensees
Skills & Software Requirements:
- 5-7 years relevant experience
- Role with direct customer experience required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, JIRA, Jive and Confluence
- Front-end trading applications experience a plus
- ClearPort experience a plus
- Risk management experience a plus
- Strong understanding of market data polices and intellectual property rights a plus
- Understanding of client trading technology including the applications and systems using CME Group and partner information
- Detailed oriented