The RFP (Request for Proposal) team is responsible for compiling responses to complex bid and proposal documents for prospective and existing Northern Trust clients as part of a procurement, rebid or due diligence process. The RFP team works alongside the sales, relationship management teams, and a large network of Subject Matter Experts to formulate compelling responses in order to win and retain business. These questionnaires span a multitude of products and services, across many different client segments.
We are seeking to recruit a writer whose primary responsibility will be new business questionnaires from prospective clients. These prospects will include corporations, public funds, taft-hartley, not-for-profits, insurance companies and asset managers across the spectrum of fund types.
Excellent writing and editing skills are essential, as is an ability to manage multiple projects within a deadline-driven environment.
Product knowledge of global custody, fund administration or other asset servicing products would be a benefit.
Previous RFP experience is not a requirement, but is favorable.
Based in the C&IS (Corporate and Institutional Services) business unit, this role will provide an opportunity to interface with experts across the Asset Servicing teams.
1. Responsible for completion and/or coordination of questionnaires (RFPs, RFIs, DDQs, etc.) in a time-sensitive, deadline-driven environment.
2. Manage a number of questionnaires simultaneously based on team volumes. Partner may be a contributor to a questionnaire, or could be the lead RFP writer. If the lead writer, partner is responsible for coordinating sections among contributors and ensuring internal/external deadlines are met.
3. Heavily engages with Sales partner and SMEs during completion process by offering input and completing technical or complex aspects of the questionnaires and incorporating Sales feedback to tailor responses to individual clients.
4. In addition to questionnaires, partner will work with Sales Associates and Sales Partners to help create/format/print marketing collateral and presentations.
5. Emphasis on quality writing and continuous improvement with standard response language.
6. Continuous engagement with SMEs, Legal/Compliance, Sales across a wide range of asset servicing products.
7. Assist with ad hoc queries and requests from Sales and SMEs, as needed.
- The RFP and Marketing Specialist must have a general curiosity and ability to quickly learn about the asset servicing business, products, and services, and to quickly adapt to each opportunity and treat it as unique.
- An excellent standard of written English and the ability to edit and tailor text to ensure accuracy, consistency and readability
- This partner must be able to interview and communicate with SMEs in an effort to translate highly technical matter into clear, concise content. Significant attention-to-detail and organizational skills are required for this role, as is flexibility and the ability to function in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Each writer must have the ability to work in a deadline-driven environment, to multi-task and to manage conflicting priorities.
- It is expected that the partner will be able to quickly learn technology systems used in questionnaire production, including web-based tools and a content database.
- Strong MS Office skills
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, or other related field
1-2 years of marketing or sales experience, preferably in the financial services industry.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.