Email Marketing Associate Areas of Interest:
Share: Company Description:
William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide.
Job Summary & Responsibilities: Develop and execute email marketing campaigns to support strategic messaging objectives across William Blairs business lines. Develop a detailed understanding of email marketing requests. Clarify key messages and objectives and produce content that supports marketing strategies. Track key metrics to monitor engagement rates and campaign effectiveness. Test and review deliverables for quality and accuracy. Troubleshoot and resolve issues. Ensure quality and accuracy of email content and campaign execution. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute email marketing campaigns consistent with established campaign plans and master calendar. Ensure that proposed campaign components are aligned with firmwide and business unit digital marketing strategies.
- Build an understanding of business unit products, services, clients and key issues. Identify target audiences, key messaging and delivery recommendations for business unit and BMC review.
- Develop email content layouts and features for approval. Collaborate with BMC and business unit colleagues to determine Salesforce distribution lists. Monitor project activities to ensure that campaigns are executed according to plan. Report campaign issues or risks to management.
- Conduct A/B tests to improve email engagement rates. Perform quality assurance testing of emails across multiple mailboxes and devices. Troubleshoot and resolve issues, escalating as appropriate.
- Monitor performance metrics for email campaigns. Report results to key stakeholders.
- Assist with training on how to best use email marketing to promote William Blair. Serve as the initial point of contact for email marketing questions or issues.
- Research latest email marketing trends and best practices. Introduce potential ways William Blair can enhance email marketing content and delivery.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Digital Communications or related field required
2 - 5 years of experience in digital marketing, including relevant email marketing experience, required
Knowledge of digital and email marketing principles and best practices
Proficiency in email marketing platforms
Advanced communication, writing and editing skills
Proficiency in email content creation with the focus on engagement
Ability to simplify complicated and/or technical subject matter and make it understandable and interesting
Understanding of engagement metrics
Attention to detail and quality
Project management and prioritization skills
Ability to collaborate with others across multiple functions
Proficiency in Microsoft Office