Market Data and Analytics Lead
Chicago, New York
Are you passionate about data and analytics? Have you used or managed data in asset management value chain (research, asset allocation, portfolio optimization, sales and trading, and risk analytics)? Are you interested in establishing authoritative sources of reference and market data and utilizing them to develop data analytics? Can you perform hands on data analysis to produce working concepts, along with managing multiple IT initiatives for cross-functional data analytics needs?
We're looking for someone like that to:
• lead data solutions team to drive data mastering efforts and utilization of those masters for investments, risk and financial analytics. The person is expected to understand various investment management data requirements for all lines of business in UBS AM and translate user requirements into actionable data strategy
• partner with Data Office Domain Owners to understand functional needs of Investments, Clients, Products, Regulatory, Sales and Core Operating Platform. Drive data and technology initiatives to develop solutions which meet cross functional needs
• drive technology architecture in partnership with IT to achieve this data strategy and oversee the implementation ensuring that data quality and governance principles are being adhered to
• provide thought leadership in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data science, data modeling, data access, data integration, data visualization, data discovery, database design and implementation. To be successful in the role, you will need good knowledge of traditional and emerging capabilities, with the ability to develop and deploy solutions with next decade in mind
• perform and manage data discovery and data analysis through agile tools such as Lavastorm or programming languages such as Python
• evaluate hardware and software platforms, and integrating systems in partnership with IT. Translate business needs into long-term IT solutions for clients
• own the roadmap of market data strategy within UBS AM
Chief Data Office (CDO), within UBS Global Asset Management (AM), was established to re-define AM's data strategy and support the management of core data sets used across AM, such as Research, Investments, Product data, Securities & Pricing data, Trade & Accounting data, and Client data. The CDO provides the foundation for establishing a data driven culture, by guiding the successful delivery of front-to-back solutions and enabling the distribution of managed data assets across AM. To design multi-faceted transformational strategies and deliver cutting edge solutions, the CDO is structured to encompass several functions, including Program Management, Data Analytics, Data Solutions, and Data Governance.
Your experience and skills
• Bachelor's degree plus 14+ years of diverse experience in the Investment/Financial industry, with 8+ years towards delivering Data Management initiatives at large multi-business unit organizations
• proven track record of delivering successful initiatives to establish data masters/hubs, design and create data repositories, improve data accessibility and quality, and deliver business value through effective data management
• strong leadership skills in engaging clients and colleagues, and managing cross-functional needs with ability to prioritize competing items
• hands on experience working on RDBMS technologies such as SQL Server, Oracle and understanding of NoSQL architecture usage and patterns.
• strong working knowledge of Relational modeling, ETL tools and ODS concepts. Knowledge of Data Governance and Data Quality tools and processes to ensure trust in data is important
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to articulate the market data strategy, solutions and initiatives. Ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
• excellent interpersonal skills to work with other data domain specialist, IT and functional heads
• maturity to participate in multiple complex programs at the same time in an agile environment
• hands-on solution driven attitude is essential to be successful in this role, with ability to provide tactical solutions and deliver strategic capability for various needs
• experience in No-SQL technologies, cloud platform capabilities, data analytics, AI/ML capabilities, data visualization and data presentation is a strong plus
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.