Manager Corporate Strategy
The Corporate Strategy department is a small team utilizing cross-functional collaboration to frame, analyze, and recommend strategic choices for the enterprise. ( Example choices will include which businesses to keep, invest, and grow and how to create outsized value for customers and shareowners. )
The team also works with key business leaders to determine how to invest the firms' resources and identify new opportunities for inorganic or organic growth based on assessment of the external environment, strategic position, and internal requirements.
The department facilitates the Executive Committee of CME's Board of Directors, which meets 4x or more each year to discuss key strategic topics with the Management Team.
Finally, the team is responsible for communicating the enterprise strategy and direction to internal stakeholders to deepen understanding and gain alignment throughout the organization
The Manager, Corporate Strategy is a critical member of the Corporate Strategy department and will participate in developing the multi-year strategic direction of CME Group, while working with business line heads to develop and execute strategic analyses and projects. The candidate will be expected to take initiative, work independently, lead small cross-functional teams and produce high-quality work. The Manager needs to be poised and confident in working with a broad cross-section of the enterprise, including senior-level executives (Managing Directors, Senior Managing Directors, CXO).
- Identify opportunities for Corporate Strategy to advance enterprise and business unit plans and goals by leading initiatives, producing high-quality deliverables, and executing key initiatives across select Futures & Options, Cash, and Optimization business lines
- Own and deliver discrete portions of strategy projects, particularly in support of CXO / enterprise-level strategy assessments including M&A and industry gameboard, business line investments, and the Board's Executive Committee
- Provide analytical, strategic, and project management leadership and support to business unit projects as assigned. This includes working both independently and in close coordination with others on joint project tasks as needed, coordinating deliverables with team members from other business areas, conducting strategic and financial analyses, building the story by constructing analytics, PowerPoint presentations and memos, and presenting to internal audiences in "conference table" environments
- Design and facilitate cross-functional meetings to achieve specific objectives in advancing strategic topics, gathering and sharing information, reviewing and editing written materials, coordinating efforts, assigning tasks, and executing strategic initiatives.
- Work with internal partners (e.g. Corporate Development, Ventures, Research & Product Development) to identify longer-term trends, industry news, events and developments and implications to CME Group and design / execute opportunities for CME to capitalize on over time
- Deliver CME's long-term viewpoints and strategic direction to large internal stakeholders and audiences
Experiences and Skills:
- Strategic thinker with at least 5 years capital and/or commodity markets experience with high preference to capital markets' infrastructure, buy / sell-side, or trading backgrounds. In lieu of direct industry experience 5+ years' experience in corporate strategy, management consulting, investment banking or other similar positions will be preferred
- Proven ability to conduct deep analyses and proactively identify trends and patterns in the results
- Outstanding written and oral communication and presentation skills to executive audiences
- Experience building strong internal and external relationships and leveraging network and third-party resources to successfully deliver projects
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Bloomberg and business intelligence tools a preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Postgraduate degree in an analytical field or MBA from top business school a plus
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.