Manager, Business Resilience
The Manager, Business Resilience actively participates in the ongoing development of, and participation in CME Group's Business and Systems Resilience program, within the Business Continuity Management (BCM) Department. The role will help ensure that business continuity plans and procedures are in place, maintained and tested in support of essential services or facilities for CME Group and its subsidiaries. Primary responsibilities involve managing potential and actual events, creation, updating and maintenance of recovery and program documentation, overseeing incident response teams, testing of plans and processes, education, and awareness. The Manager, Business Resilience will focus primarily on these activities in the Americas, and reports to the Executive Director, Business and Systems Resilience.
The BCM program is central to the company's ability to mitigate potential threats, define procedures that safeguard the interests of our customers and key stakeholders, meet regulatory requirements and define steps to ensure the prompt and efficient recovery of critical operations from any incident or physical disruption, thereby protecting CME Group's reputation and brand.
- Help manage and serve as the primary point of contact to the company's Global Incident Response Team and Americas-based Local (office-specific) Incident Response Teams.
- Oversee and assist with the creation, documentation, implementation, and audit of business recovery plans, which includes business processes, required applications, recovery time and point objectives, third parties, and alternate work methodologies.
- Plan and lead Incident Response Team tabletops, business resilience process testing, and training and awareness programs. Set scope for these exercises based on business needs and drivers, audit and report to stakeholders and management.
- Serve as a liaison to the company's Essential Functions, Operational Resilience, System Resilience, BCM Software Management, Crisis Analysis and Response, Vendor Risk Management and Global Security Programs to help ensure that data, goals, and programs are aligned.
- Represent CME Group on external local and sector-specific partnership programs, e.g. ChicagoFIRST, SIFMA committees, Global Resilience Forum, as appropriate.
- Assist other members of the team in performing any duties related to the function of Business Resilience as needed.
Skills and Software Requirements:
- Previous work experience and demonstrated skills in business continuity is preferred and experience in risk management is required.
- Previous experience within the financial services or other highly regulated industry is preferred.
- Experience working in a geographically dispersed team that manages a global program will help the candidate be successful at CME Group.
- Experience with business continuity software is preferable.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.