Manager, Applications New 📅 81669 Requisition # 📅 3 days ago Post Date IOO Technology Director Description:
As part of the C&IS IT Management team, this individual will manage IOO Technology development and support teams focused on the delivery IOO business services across a number of application platforms. Responsibilities:
- Provide central IT Technology contact for the IOO Business for the execution of technology projects and daily technical support
- Provide centralized IT technology project and financial management and coordination for the IOO Business regardless of application platform
- Manage technology development teams that are dedicated to IOO Business capabilities
- Manage IOO Support resources globally across all regions for daily functionality of the IOO production environments and client deliverables across all application platforms
- Management of technology initiatives associated with onboarding for strategic IOO clients
- Management and direction of technology personnel in support of IOO test environments and activities for technology projects and client onboarding
- Participates in the developing of business unit strategic plan and sets goals and priorities based on direction with the IOO Business and coordination with IOO product executives. Follows through to ensure objectives are met.
- Determines staffing needs, makes staffing decisions, handles salary and financial budget administration, and ensures resources are available to accomplish priorities.
- Develops and manages risk management, compliance and disaster recovery programs and activities for IOO technology teams
- Effectively works with vendors and consulting companies to secure and manage staff for the development and support teams
- Provides leadership and guidance to staff, fostering an environment that encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication
- Displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity
Qualifications Experience and Skills:
- 10+ years experience managing technical or application support teams within the financial industry
- Exposure to the management of technology teams associated with front office and middle office capabilities for an asset manager or asset owner with sophisticated investment strategies
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.