The Manager , Internal Controls Testing (ICT) is responsible for the execution of SOX/SOC/CCAR IT controls testing, which includes planning, maintaining the hours budget and deadlines of the different compliance programs to meet requirements and ensuring department testing standards are met. The role is a direct report to the ICT Global Manager and is responsible for their assigned staff's performance management process, recruiting and retention of staff for the team. The ICT Manager provides input to improve operational efficiency and/or to enhance the design or operating effectiveness of the internal control environment. The role provides technical expertise and performs supervisor related work including training new employees or those with lesser experience, reviewing work of others, and providing regular feedback and coaching to employees including disciplinary actions. This role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities.
1. Oversee IT related SOX program, CCAR program and SOC report internal controls testing, including leading and/or performing the testing, staffing the engagements and providing coaching and oversight based on the needs of the team.
2. Provide IT technical expertise to the ICT Team and SOX/SOC/CCAR Governance teams using sound testing practices.
3. Maintain familiarization and technical expertise with the IT business unit(s) within the different areas including organizational structure, personnel, activities and products, new product development, financial performance and risk and problem areas.
4. Stay current on regulatory rules and changes within the industry.
5. Interact and partner with Senior and Executive Management to understand the risks within the business, business changes and other significant events that could significantly affect the business and/or the audit plan.
6. Manage and/or perform special projects as assigned.
7. Participate in meetings with business units to discuss testing results.
8. Communicate with partners at all levels, developing and presenting recommendations on internal IT controls for the SOX/SOC/CCAR programs.
9. Organize the work of the team, assign tasks, set short-term priorities, monitor all activities and ensure timely and accurate completion of the work
10. Conduct performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions
11. As subject area expert, provide comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to GFC teams and partners at a high technical level
12. Reviews work including work paper documentation, findings and recommendations and the final report to ensure appropriate adherence to the Corporations/Departments Policies and Standards and ensuring work is completed within established deadlines.
13. Applies analytical skills to review information and determine potential control weaknesses.
14. Provide input and support to budget management process
Strong analytical, leadership, and organizational skills are needed
Leadership and organizational skills required to develop periodic goals and to manage and motivate team members towards the goals set.
Excellent project management experience with leadership in organizing, planning and executing compliance procedures from vision through implementation across multiple internal reporting and organizational lines
Excellent oral and written communication and work paper documentation skills
Highly flexible and adaptable to change
Professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CISA, CIA, ACA, ACCA) and/or an MBA along with demonstrated technical abilities in select areas (e.g., accounting, regulatory compliance, etc.) are preferred
Bachelors degree, Accounting or Finance preferred
Masters degree in Accounting or Finance a plus
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the worlds most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Wed love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the worlds most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.