Manager, New Hire Onboarding Experience
311 West Monroe Street, 14th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is looking for a Manager to join as Talent & Leadership Development team, with responsibility over new hire onboarding. This role partners with stakeholders across the firm to set vision and design strategy for the new joiner onboarding experience and leads self and others in the tactical execution to ensure excellent delivery aligned with our employee promise. This leader needs to be both highly strategic and a strong individual contributor. This role is located in Chicago and will lead all onboarding efforts on a national basis.
Onboarding Manager responsibilities include:
- Synthesize findings and recommendations from various strategic initiatives and feedback on current process to create future vision of full onboarding experience for all levels
- Create and articulate a tactical execution plan to bring vision to life while partnering with stakeholders, gaining buy in and signoff as necessary and building a business case for investment
- Design, curate, and update new joiner resources that embody firm wide culture and support the new joiner’s transition to West Monroe
- Serve as the main point of contact for all new joiners, building relationships before new joiners’ start dates, deepening them during orientation, and eventually transitioning them to Career Advisors, Transition Coaches, and Talent Business Partners
- Partner with practice leadership to develop individual onboarding plans for our most senior leaders
Collaborate with practices to design practice-specific onboarding plans for all levels, updating and aligning to best practices as necessary
- Leverage technology to engage new joiners in an effort to build community
- Stay abreast of best practices for employee onboarding
- Develop and conduct surveys and have regular new joiner check ins to ensure a smooth transition into West Monroe and to gather feedback on the onboarding experience, creating action plans based on feedback
- Prepare orientation space and kits and delivering on the employee experience
- Document, organize, and facilitate the firm’s biweekly recurring new joiner orientation experience for all new joiners
- Coordinate and facilitate various orientation sessions, presentations, and system demos
- Monitor and evaluate onboarding program to ensure it aligns with strategic need, is applicable to the work, and an efficient use of time, leveraging data to inform decisions going forward
- Demonstrate a consultative nature and inclusive approach while being highly solution-oriented
- Demonstrate outgoing, welcoming, inclusive, and proactive interpersonal style, while requiring minimum direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Design, User Experience, or similar
- 8-10 years of experience, prior onboarding experience a plus
- Strong facilitation, professional presence, and instructional design with examples to substantiate
- Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey strategies and complex information effectively within all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills and proven client service skills
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with new joiners
- Exceptionally high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 lbs.
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.