Manager Regulation Chicago, IL/en-US/External_Career_CBOE/job/Chicago-IL/Manager-Regulation_R-0751/apply Job Description
Performs examination, surveillance and investigative activities of a complex nature to assist in determinations regarding possible violations of Cboe Futures Exchange (CFE) and Cboe SEF rules, federal commodities and securities regulations and other applicable rules and regulations governing CFE and Cboe SEF market participants. Assists market participants with questions regarding Exchange rules, policies and procedures. Trains, mentors and reviews work product of surveillances, investigators in conducting investigations and examinations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews the investigative and other review work product related to CFE or Cboe SEF market participants books and record keeping practices and supervisory and compliance policies, procedures, internal controls and systems to determine compliance with established standards and rule requirements.
- Oversee regular in-depth and timely review and analysis of market data and trading activity to detect possible violations of rules and regulations.
- Investigate complex situations involving possible violations of rules governing trading activities.
- Review investigators work as they manage investigative cases from inception to conclusion to ensure completion of investigation steps in a timely manner and that meets expected guidelines.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of CFE and Cboe SEFs trading and regulatory environment, as well as the broader futures, securities, and OTC industry, in areas such as markets, products, relevant rules and regulations, technologies and systems, processes and operational methodologies, and investigative techniques. Actively participate in training/continuing education opportunities and meetings. Act as a subject matter expert on specific rule areas, as assigned.
- Act as liaison to CFEs regulatory services provider on key topics, as assigned. Assist investigators and chief investigators with analysis of reports from CFEs regulatory services provider regarding potential violations of CFE rules to determine appropriate action. Format the material provided into an investigative case report for approval from departmental leadership and, if applicable, the disciplinary committee.
- Assist investigators as they analyze situations to identify issues involved and types of evidence (data and information) necessary to make a determination regarding whether the activity in question was violative. Guide them to perform thorough research, collect evidence and conduct fact-finding interviews of market participants, witnesses or other involved parties. Review developed interview questions to thoroughly address all aspects of particular situations and gather appropriate information.
- Evaluate and analyze evidence to conclude sufficiency with respect to suspected violations. Evaluate case law and/or precedent to determine whether non-disciplinary or disciplinary actions are warranted, depending upon the nature and severity of the incident. Recommend appropriate disposition to management for review.
- Review investigative case reports detailing findings in a clear, cohesive manner supported by factual evidence and analysis. Ensure compliance with departmental guidelines for style and form; present work that is completes and requires minimal revisions.
- Monitors real-time surveillances associated with system compliance.
- Conduct regular meetings with investigators to assess case status, identify impediments hindering completion of casework, provide feedback and grant approval for cases to proceed to the next step in the disciplinary process.
- Assist CFE Enforcement with formal disciplinary proceedings, such as prosecution or settlement.
- Professionally interact with internal regulatory staff and external contacts (such as Self-Regulatory Organizations, TPHs, and CFTC). Actively participate in team and corporate projects, discussions and problem solving.
- Maintain knowledge about the exception generation process for automated surveillances, identifying necessary enhancements to make such tools more effective and efficient. Act as the key contact for business analysts and systems development to articulate business requirements for new or enhanced surveillance tools.
- Mentor investigators; provide training to CFER staff on processes, tools and rules. Provide feedback on quality of work for performance assessment and identifying any needs for professional development or training.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of six years relevant experience in futures and or swaps industry with market regulation or internal audit. Experience with markets regulated by the CFTC and previously supervisory experience are preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of derivatives markets as well as a working knowledge of other related financial markets.
- Advanced knowledge of rules and regulations as they apply to trading procedures, obligations of TPHs and business conduct.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and motivate assigned staff in performance of job duties.
- Ability to multi-task.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to apply quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- PC skills required; working familiarity with MS-Office suite, including Excel or similar products.
- Bachelors degree required; Economics, Business, Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- A Graduate or Law Degree is a plus. Coursework related to computer programming or statistical analysis is strongly preferred.
Cboe Global Markets is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Posted 9 Days AgoFull timeR-0751
Cboe is always looking for intelligent, innovative and hard-working individuals. Our success is based on our talented team of industry and technology professionals, which we believe is the strongest in the industry, and we pride ourselves on hiring the best and brightest.