Senior Problem Management Analyst Chicago - 125 S Franklin/en-US/careers/job/Chicago---125-S-Franklin/Senior-Problem-Management-Analyst_REQ-1584/apply Summary
This position is responsible for managing the Problem Management process, root cause analysis and problem remediation, ensuring the implementation of permanent fix in the production environment with the purpose of improving the availability of OCCs critical systems and prevention of problem reoccurrence. The primary responsibilities of this position include increasing service availability and improving customer convenience and satisfaction by reducing the number of operational problems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Owns the Problem Management process, prioritizing with business stakeholders and ensuring the most critical Problems are addressed timely
- Manages the lifecycle of all Production Problems with the primary goal of reducing IT-related business risk throughout the problems lifecycle, including input from change and configuration management.
- Provides recommendations for improvements to prevent production issues and/or prevent re-occurrences of existing Problems
- Proactively identifies problems through the correlation of incident reports, error logs and other problem identification resources.
- Oversees the day-to-day activities within the Problem Management Processes
- Facilitates Problem Management meetings to determine action items towards preventing problem recurrence
- Produces reports to communicate the progress in resolving problems and to monitor the continuing impact of problems not solved.
- Produces management information, including KPIs and reports
- Designs enhancements/improvements for the maturity of the Problem Management tool and process and translates them into business requirements for the ServiceNow development team
- Reviews historical Problems to identify trends and opportunities for improvements
- The individual will provide leadership to various IT and Business teams to guide them in their efforts during the Problem Management phases of the service management lifecycle, leveraging best practices according to the ITIL and COBIT frameworks.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- 7+ years relevant experience with Incident, Problem Management as well as process improvement in a technology organization, or an equivalent combination of education and experience both within a process area and IT Service Management tools e.g. ServiceNow
- Ability to work across functional areas to drive continuous improvement
- Thorough understanding of ITIL processes with deep knowledge of the various ITSM Stages, including but not limited to: Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, and Release Management
- Ability to perform IT-related problem detection and analysis of root cause.
- Experience creating and maintaining reports and dashboards
- Be customer focused and goal oriented with keen attention to detail
Education and/or Experience:
- ServiceNow or equivalent ITSM tools
- ITIL, COBIT5
- Technical Root Cause Analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required
Certificates or Licenses:
- BS/BA in a related field, such as Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science
- ITIL Certified (Foundation+)
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.
For more information about , please click .
OCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted YesterdayFull timeREQ-1584
OCC is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization and the foundation for secure markets. Founded in 1973, OCC operates under the jurisdiction of both the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) as a Derivatives Clearing Organization. Named 2016 Clearinghouse of the Year - The Americas by FOW Magazine and 2016 Clearinghouse of the Year by Global Investor/ISF Magazine, OCC now provides central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 20 exchanges and trading platforms for options, financial futures, security futures, and securities lending transactions. More information about OCC is available at www.theocc.com.