Machine Learning Engineer, Director
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Fitch Ratings Global Operations team is recruiting a Machine Learning Engineer to join the group. The candidate will be responsible for supporting the Senior Director, Head of Product Development & Data Initiatives and will be a critical part of our Working Smarter strategic initiative.
The mission of the team is to apply advanced data analytical methods (Big Data, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, etc.) to generate insights for the global credit markets, identify and demonstrate operational efficiencies and leverage alternative data sets to improve our relevance to the credit market.
The candidate will be expected to leverage some of the key findings from our Accenture engagement, focusing on the application of AI and ML within our ratings process. In particular, this role will concentrate on creating efficiencies and reducing operational risk by increased automation.
The candidate will also research improvements in data collection, feature engineering, and algorithmic optimization. You will also work on implementing your models in production systems and data pipelines. Accountabilities:
• Build Machine Learning infrastructure, data pipelines, and API integrations
• Design and implement efficient pipelines using data exploration and Natural Language Processing
• Deliver custom, highly scalable deep learning, and NLP solutions through prototyping, POC, and quantitative metrics.
• Study and analyze problems, propose solutions and design experiments
• Stay current with latest ML algorithms and methods and share knowledge with colleagues in data science and technology and externally as appropriate Position Requirements:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree, preferably in a field that has very applicable use of data science / statistics techniques (e.g. statistics, applied math, computer science, OR a science field with direct statistics application)
• Fluent in data fundamentals: SQL, data manipulation using a procedural language, statistics, experimentation, and modelling.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills with minimum 3 years of experience with data science tools, including Python, R, Scala, Julia, or SAS
• Knowledge of machine learning, natural language processing (NLP) and data mining techniques
• Strong applied machine learning skills of multiple techniques and algorithms, such as decision trees, regression, k-NN, unsupervised pattern detection, neural networks and others
• Experience with at least one of the DL frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, Caffe, TensorFlow, Theano, Keras) and a perspective on what distinguishes them
• Experience with remote computing and data management (e.g. AWS, GCP suite of tools)
• Ability to work independently and under pressure, while meeting tight deadlines
• Ability to communicate complex ideas in machine learning to non-technical stakeholders
• Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp