Liquidity Risk Management Associate
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com . Liquidity Risk Management Associate Position Description:
The Liquidity Risk Management Associate is responsible for assessing and monitoring the liquidity risk of CME's Clearing House to various counterparties, including clearing members, settlement banks, custodial banks, collateral issuers, and collateral depositories, as well as working on and developing the team's quantitative models and systems relating to liquidity risk management. The Associate will use technical skills and expertise to develop analytical programs, perform updates and improvements to existing programs/systems, and build/enhance quantitative models across the Credit, Collateral and Liquidity Risk Management teams. Perform in-depth research and analysis to identify potential liquidity risks, develop models and risk mitigation processes, and present findings to senior management. Perform daily assessments of market conditions and act as the first line of defense against systemic, idiosyncratic, and counterparty-specific risks. The Associate needs the ability to independently problem solve with minimal and propose well thought-out solutions to complex problems for approval by senior management. The role is highly dynamic and demands independent, creative thinking, with opportunities to take full ownership of high-impact projects.
• Use technical skills, including knowledge of programming and financial mathematics, to develop automated, accurate and efficient models
• Code, maintain, update and improve existing models
• Liaise with Information Technology to ensure compliance with IT standards
• Work with third party technical staff to understand system updates and troubleshoot issues
• Work closely with external model validators, internal Compliance and Internal Audit teams - this includes presenting to various internal committees
• Assess market conditions that affect CME's risk exposures, with particular focus on liquidity risk
• Perform daily procedures to monitor liquidity risk, including liquidity stress testing, and escalate findings as necessary
• Respond to ad hoc regulatory requests and prepare submissions
• Identify and implement improvements to CME liquidity risk monitoring systems
Requirements of this position include, but are not limited to, the following: Masters preferable in Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar quantitative field; demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills; and the ability to work flexibly in a team environment. Candidate should have a minimum of 3-5 years' experience in financial modeling, computational data analysis, or similar. The successful candidate must also possess strong oral and written communication skills.
Other Skills and Software Requirements:
• Programming Knowledge - C#, C++, Java, R, or Python
• Experience with and ability to manipulate large data sets
• Expertise in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Bloomberg terminal experience a plus
• Expertise with relational databases (MS SQL, Oracle) and SQL
• Strong analytical, quantitative, and modeling skills
• Ability to handle and reprioritize projects with competing deadlines
• Self-motivated and able to find optimal solutions to complex problems
• Familiarity with derivatives and securities a plus