Lead System Reliability Engineer
- Negotiable USD
- Chicago, IL, USA Chicago IL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 11 Sep 18 2018-09-11
The Technology Specialist - System Reliability Engineer (SRE) combines software development, networking and system engineering expertise to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant software systems and infrastructure. The role is responsible for technology advances in CME’s electronic trading platform.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
The Lead System Reliability Engineer (SRE) combines software development, networking and system engineering expertise to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant software systems and infrastructure. The role is responsible for technology advances in CME’s electronic trading platform. This individual will work on systems that must achieve a unique blend of ultra-low latency performance, the capacity to seamlessly facilitate the busiest trading days in the world economy, and rock-solid reliability and integrity, all while undergoing rapid release cycles. Achieving these goals will require an understanding both the underlying technology and the development, testing, and deployment lifecycle of the applications. The candidate must be able to solve problem creatively, communicate effectively, and possess the ability to lead others to achieve the critical mission of the team. The SRE is heavily involved in the development of automation systems to enable the scale and speed necessary to deliver high-performing applications.
· Improve the predictability and reliability of software releases with the implementation of automated build, test and deployment tools and processes
· Improve application stability and deployment automation with design and configuration improvements
· Engage with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery Platform Team in the design and development of software tools to reliably manage application delivery
· Engage with Operations in the design, implementation and maintenance of the build/release infrastructure
· Reduce application deployment windows by leading CME towards a Continuous Delivery environment
· Produce, update and/or endorse System Reliability Engineering standards, guidelines and procedures.
Bachelors Degree: Information Technology (Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical and Computer Engineering)
· Technical skills include Linux, Chef, TIBCO FTL, Kafka
· Programming/Development experience in Java, C++, and scripting languages
· Experience in related industry a plus
· Experience as a cross-functional team member with focus on accountability and collaboration
· Experience codifying and automating Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery processes
· Configuration management experience
· AWS experience
· Strong business orientation
· Understanding of current and emerging technologies
· Ability to provide effective and timely solutions
· Excellent oral and written communication skills