Lead Software Engineer, Trade Execution
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 21 May 19
Lead Software Engineer, Trade Execution
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
CME's Globex platform one of the most advanced and sophisticated trading platform in the world. Top notch engineers put their best in ensuring that the Globex trading platform is functioning at its best under any market condition.
Globex Match Engine systems that must achieve a unique blend of ultra-low latency performance, the capacity to seamlessly facilitate the busiest trading days in the world economy, and rock-solid reliability and integrity, all while undergoing rapid release cycles.
We're looking for an industrious and driven Lead Software Engineer to be a key contributor. As a member of the Match Engine Order Entry Systems team you'll be part of highly visible and mission critical initiatives.
The Lead Software Engineer independently engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
- Conducts full system testing.
- D efines key metrics driving code optimization and leads discussion of code reviews; Manages environment build deployments, release notes and build notices; Reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects as well as identify solution problems and issues outside code.
- Develops designs for all aspects of a project; Mentors seniors software engineers.
Exhibits language proficiency and independently writes application modules and unit tests as well as designs independently. Contributes to architectural discussions.
- Interprets and enforces architecture for a development team.
- Mentors developers and is influential within company division.
Influences best practices development, contributing to process enhancements, and enforces best practices on project work.
- Proficient in SQL knowledge, intermediate in database modeling and skilled in database tuning
- Understand performance metric and factors affecting the performance and find ways to improve it
- Leverage automation for increased efficiency
- Track own progress to ensure timely delivery
- Bring in fresh ideas to make improvements
- Participate in code reviews for own as well as others' code
- Work with other teams involved in project life-cycle
- 8- 10+ years of experience in a Software Development
- Deep understanding of Core Java and Multithreading
- Experience with Ultra Low Latency programming and performance tuning
- Familiarity with Linux, Maven, Git, Jira.
- Agile and test-driven development experience
- C/C++ knowledge will be a plus
- Trading industry experience will be a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferably CS, CE or IT)
Learn why CME Group was named one of the TOP 100 Best Places to Work in IT for 2018..... wherefuturesaremade.com