Lead Software Engineer - Front End
Do you want to have an exciting and rewarding career in financial services domain? Come be a part of an agile team that delivers world-class innovative solutions to Fitch Group customers.
You will have the opportunity to be a part of an exceptionally talented, bright and driven team, and apply your skills in novel ways. And you will have fun doing it! Our technology stack is modern - cloud based, containerized, serverless and microservices oriented.
We are seeking a forward-thinking Front-End Lead Engineer to play a key role in guiding interactive design and development across multiple products, including various promotional websites and other web facing applications. The ideal candidate should bring along extensive test driven development experience and play a lead role in establishing tools and processes that aim to improve the quality of our front-end code while creating a more efficient and sustainable workflow for our websites and applications. Responsibilities:
• Provide technical leadership on front-end technologies for enterprise-scale websites and applications.
• Understands the importance of design and UX, provide effective translation to code artifacts and implement appropriate integration approach for API / data layer.
• Oversee and participate in architecture, design, documentation, development, debugging, and deployment efforts while addressing security, cross-browser and cross-platform expectations and concerns.
• Recommend, define, create and maintain Design System including Visual Style Guide to be used across various web applications.
• Maintain and enhance Atomic Design-based component library in React.
• Write automated unit, integration, performance and visual regression test cases.
• Promote, implement, and evolve development best practices especially on commits, versioning and dependency management. Requirements:
• 8+ years of experience designing, developing and leading software development and digital transformation projects.
• 5+ years of experience defining front-end architecture of moderate-to-high complexity.
• Experience in creating modern websites using JAMStack architecture, preferably with Contentful, Gatsby and React.
• Experience in GraphQL schema design, implementation and client side usage, preferably using Apollo.
• Expertise in modern package management, build and test frameworks (e.g. NPM, Yarn, Webpack, Jest, Enzyme, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, Wraith).
• Expertise in HTML5, CSS3, CSS preprocessors such as SCSS and "CSS in JS" libraries such as Styled Components.
• Experience with and understanding of UX, UXD, IXD, IA, Design System and Service Design concepts, techniques and best practices.
• Experience with adaptive, responsive, fluid designs and progressive web apps for desktop and mobile access.
• Familiarity with website taxonomy, sitemap and SEO best practices.
• Familiarity with website analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, with experience in analyzing the results.
• Experience with automated regression testing and cross browser compatibility best practices.
• Experience working in an Agile development environment.
• Experience working in teams with a heavy emphasis on Security, Automation and Quality (DevSecOps).
• Passion for emerging technologies and innovation.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely. Preferred:
• Exposure to AWS infrastructure - EC2 instances, S3 storage, Route 53, CloudFront, CloudFormation and Networking (VPC, subnets, security groups) etc.
• Exposure to Kubernetes / EKS-based container orchestration.
• Exposure to Docker-based containerization of web components.
• Exposure to Atlassian toolkits such as Bamboo, BitBucket, JIRA and Confluence.
• Experience in using NGINX / Apache web servers in a container environment.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.