Lead Software Engineer
Fitch Ratings is a global rating agency committed to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, research and data. Offering a world of knowledge and experience behind every opinion, we transform information to deliver meaning and utility to investors, issuers and other market participants. Fitch Ratings' global expertise draws on local market knowledge and spans across the fixed-income universe. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors make important credit judgments with confidence. Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings, has 51 offices worldwide.
Do you want to have an exciting and rewarding career in financial services domain? Come, be a part of an agile team that delivers world-class innovative solutions to Fitch Ratings customers.
You will have the opportunity to be a part of an exceptionally talented, bright and driven team, and apply your skills in novel ways. And you will have fun doing it! Our technology stack is modern - cloud based, containerized, serverless and microservices oriented.
We are seeking a forward-thinking Lead Front End Engineer to play a key role in implementing interactive design and development across multiple products, including our next generation website, intranet and other internal and customer facing applications. The ideal candidate should bring along extensive experience in test driven development and in establishing tools and processes that aim to improve the quality of our front-end code while creating a more efficient and sustainable workflow for our websites and applications. Key responsibilities:
• Provide technical leadership on front-end technologies for enterprise-scale websites and applications.
• Understand the importance of design and UX, provide effective translation to code artifacts and implement appropriate integration approach for API / data layer.
• Participate in architecture, design, documentation, development, debugging, and deployment efforts while addressing security, cross-browser and cross-platform expectations and concerns.
• Recommend, design, create and maintain Design System including Visual Style Guide to be used across various web applications.
• Maintain and enhance Atomic Design-based component library in React.
• Write automated unit, integration, performance and visual regression test cases.
• Promote, implement, and evolve development best practices especially on commits, versioning and dependency management. Experience and Skills:
• 7+ years of experience designing, developing and leading software development and digital transformation projects.
• 7+ years of experience defining front-end architecture of moderate-to-high complexity.
• Experience in creating modern websites using front-end frameworks such as React/Vue/Angular.
• Experience in GraphQL schema design, implementation and client side usage, preferably using Apollo.
• Expertise in modern package management, build and test frameworks (e.g. NPM, Yarn, Webpack, Jest, Enzyme, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, Wraith).
• Expertise in HTML5, CSS3, CSS preprocessors such as SCSS and "CSS in JS" libraries such as Styled Components.
• Experience with and understanding of UX, UXD, IXD, IA, Design System and Service Design concepts, techniques and best practices.
• Experience with adaptive, responsive, fluid designs and progressive web apps for desktop and mobile access.
• Familiarity with website taxonomy, sitemap and SEO best practices.
• Familiarity with website analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, with experience in analyzing the results.
• Experience with automated regression testing and cross browser compatibility best practices.
• Experience working in an Agile development environment.
• Experience working in teams with a heavy emphasis on Security, Automation and Quality (DevSecOps).
• Passion for emerging technologies and innovation.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely. Nice to Have:
• Exposure to AWS infrastructure - EC2 instances, S3 storage, Route 53, CloudFront, CloudFormation and Networking (VPC, subnets, security groups) etc.
• Exposure to Kubernetes / EKS-based container orchestration.
• Exposure to Docker-based containerization of web components.
• Exposure to Atlassian toolkits such as Bamboo, BitBucket, JIRA and Confluence.
• Experience in using NGINX / Apache web servers in a container environment.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer that employs people across the full spectrum of society. Fitch works hard to create a workplace with an emphasis on inclusion, innovation and merit. By valuing diversity and equality in our workplace, we believe it adds strength to our business.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .